Problems with HE5/EF5
Apr 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 20
Hi Vergex2,

I just got a new DAC and I also have the HE-5/EF-5 and without a doubt, I have been floored by the Parasound D/AC 1100HD, they don't make it anymore, but the sound is just out of this world. I cannot emphasize enough how good this dac gels with the above combo, otherworldly to put it simply... Will be harder to find anything with more bang for the buck! Good luck, cheers!

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Vergex2,

I just got a new DAC and I also have the HE-5/EF-5 and without a doubt, I have been floored by the Parasound D/AC 1100HD, they don't make it anymore, but the sound is just out of this world. I cannot emphasize enough how good this dac gels with the above combo, otherworldly to put it simply... Will be harder to find anything with more bang for the buck! Good luck, cheers!

Great DAC, good recommendation. Hard to find though.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #19 of 20
Sorry to highjack your thread Vergex2 but I thought this might be prevelant to you as well. I mentioned the crackling and imbalance I experienced with the EF-5. I just got the amp yesterday so it's recent. After I cleaned the pins and the tube it was great to listen to. I had it one for about 5-6 hours listening and burning it in. I powered down the amp before I went to sleep and this morning I went to turn it on..... nothing. No power what so ever.

I tried cleaning the tube again, used a different power cable, and outlet still nothing. I'm hoping it's just the tube went out but I also wonder what would cause it to burn out if thats the case. I waited a good 15 minutes after unplugging the amp to let it discharge before removing the tube. Maybe a fuse? I wouldn't know where it is anyways. I emailed Head Direct about the issue. I just hope it's the tube and I don't have to send it back.

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #20 of 20
I'm in the same position also. I had my EF5 amplifier for about 4 days. I  played it on 4 maybe 5-8 hours straight...turn it off for mayb 30mins-1hour then continue playing my amp at reasonable listening loudness... around 9:00(1/4 up). All was fine and aftr 3 days I can notice improvements after the slight burn in. Then out of no where I tried turning it on...no luck??? Th tube light did not come on..the blue light also. I rechecked if cables were properly attached...still nothing. I emailed Hifiman to see if I can fix the problem myself before retuning to avoid the long delays of a replacement,,,,still have not recieved a reply..please help!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back