Pro Coppers fragility (new pictures added)
Aug 6, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #31 of 56

Quote:
 But I still believe, having owned them, that the Coppers are decent enough, just not worth more than the Dell price. Just my view.

Absolutely.  There is a high Monster tax if you pay retail.  Coppers at $175-$220 is the sweet spot.  I got my MD's for $240 so I have no complaints.  Before anyone PMs me the place i got them from no longer has anymore.  

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #32 of 56

Quote:
Absolutely.  There is a high Monster tax if you pay retail.  Coppers at $175-$220 is the sweet spot.  I got my MD's for $240 so I have no complaints.  Before anyone PMs me the place i got them from no longer has anymore.  

MD's for $240? Very nice indeed!!!!!

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #33 of 56

MD's for $240? Very nice indeed!!!!!

That seriously bums me out! That's only $20 more than I paid for my ControlTalk Golds. Which I'm very fond of BTW..

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #34 of 56
The right side of my MTPC is moving slightly too, will have to get it replaced when im back to Canada. Mine were from dell too though it is the second batch of the shipment. 

Honestly i think it's the first batch that is being manufactured that have this defects, hope the other batch would not have these problems.

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 56

Quote:
That seriously bums me out! That's only $20 more than I paid for my ControlTalk Golds. Which I'm very fond of BTW..

Well, I don't have control talk.  Does that help? 
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #36 of 56

Cool, i didn't know the MTPG has control talk o.o does the copper have it too? Dam i will be getting my iphone 4 soon and the control talk is gonna come in handy :l
Quote:

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #37 of 56

Quote:
Cool, i didn't know the MTPG has control talk o.o does the copper have it too? Dam i will be getting my iphone 4 soon and the control talk is gonna come in handy :l

Coppers are supposed to be getting control talk at some point.

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #39 of 56
[size=10pt]I had the same problem with my MTPC and turbines- both on the left side. I just sent the turbine back to monster today. I had the MTPC replaced about a month ago too, with the same problem. They were both purchased from amazon earlier this year. I have the MTPC unopened wandering if i want to deal with the sending back and forth. I did get the MTPC replaced rally fast via FedEx. I wish I took pictures before I mailed them back. oh well[/size]

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #40 of 56
Hello. I just got my monster copper from amazon last week (3/23/11). The right side of the shell falls out completely and the left side can twist back and forth. It's like 8 months since the op posted and I can't believe they still got this problem. I have a question, for those people who got a good pair. Is the shell sit very tight and firm even you if you use some force to twist them, it wouldn't even move a bit? Thanks.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #41 of 56

Quote:
Hello. I just got my monster copper from amazon last week (3/23/11). The right side of the shell falls out completely and the left side can twist back and forth. It's like 8 months since the op posted and I can't believe they still got this problem. I have a question, for those people who got a good pair. Is the shell sit very tight and firm even you if you use some force to twist them, it wouldn't even move a bit? Thanks.

If you don't have the over the ear guides you don't know if you got a new or old batch.  Do you have ear guides with yours?  

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #42 of 56
I have the ControlTalk version of the MTPC, and the shells are beginning to move. It looks like this build quality issue wasn't exclusive to the first batch of MTPCs (I wish I could claim warranty, but I'm in Korea... and so this ushers in the beginning of a 4 month wait to replace these defective MTPCs).

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #43 of 56

Quote:

You just broke a dozen more. LOL  This is just how they go together. If it were me, I'd use a very small amount of glue below deck and call it a day. In theory it voids the warranty but unless your incapable of being judicious, I don't see it as an issue. I'm not a fan of Monster but this is a minor issue. Of course you expect more care at this price point but it's not affecting their sound when together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back