Pro Coppers fragility (new pictures added)
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

eat2na

100+ Head-Fier
Here is a picture of my Pro Coppers that I bought in March of this year from Dell. I only use them on weekends and just normal use while commuting. This by far have been the most fragile earphones I've ever owned. Was there a bad batch when they first came out? They were the ones Dell had for $175 and that they came without the new foam hybrid tips. My Triple.Fi lasted me for years and I use them the same way. They never broke and I ended up selling them. I hate to do this but after I get my warranty replacement I am selling the Pro-Coppers.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 56
Easy to mod.
wink_face.gif
 jk

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 56
Same thing happened to the pair I got in the Dell deal. Got a no-hassle NIB replacement, sold them on ebay without opening them. I am not sure it's just the first batch, and why should you have to repair your own expensive IEMs? I think the design is flawed. And you can do better for the price, especially if you sell the new pair without opening the box.

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 56

Quote:
Same thing happened to the pair I got in the Dell deal. Got a no-hassle NIB replacement, sold them on ebay without opening them. I am not sure it's just the first batch, and why should you have to repair your own expensive IEMs? I think the design is flawed. And you can do better for the price, especially if you sell the new pair without opening the box.

My first pair was also part of that batch. Slater, I think you and I bought them from the same person who took advantage of that sale.  Mine went back to Monster, and were replaced in under 2 weeks.  But unlike you, I kept my new pair.  I couldn't be happier with them.  They've fixed the problem as far as I can tell (no signs of separation at all).  My first pair separated within the first hour when changing tips.  This pair, I've tried every tip and then some.  These will be in my ears for forseeable future.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 56
On mine the strain relief is broken. I got them in the Dell deal too. I need to dig them up and send them back to be replaced and to recoup some of the costs. They can't have more than 5 hours use on them, I just don't need them.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 56
After I did my review which was around 2+ weeks of regular use the housing was beginning to show signs of it splitting so I didn't take any chances and sent it in for a RMA. I got a new pair around a week later. It's at the same area as the place where it split in the first post. I don't know what batch it was but it probably was the first one.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 56

Actually, the mtpc's are very well built--it's just that the first run sold to Dell had some issues.

That's it.
No need for tears.

The warranty replaces them with a pair totally lacking in any defects and made like a tank AND you still have the lifetime warranty and one-time user-fault replacement.

Quote:
Here is a picture of my Pro Coppers that I bought in March of this year from Dell. I only use them on weekends and just normal use while commuting.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 56

Quote:
Actually, the mtpc's are very well built--it's just that the first run sold to Dell had some issues.

That's it.
No need for tears.

The warranty replaces them with a pair totally lacking in any defects and made like a tank AND you still have the lifetime warranty and one-time user-fault replacement.

LMAO!!!! 
k701smile.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 56

[size=medium]
So whose crying. What's your point? I didn't think they were worth the price anyway.  In fact, I think they are somewhat overrated, but that's just in my opinion. Worth $188 from Dell (with tax), sure. Not any more though. No wonder Monster offers a lifetime warranty and one-time "your fault" replacement. Guess they knew something.

No need to beat up on the OP. If I were him, I would sell them too. Get some DBAs for $145 (or some other comparably priced IEMs), and get more sound quality for your money. The Coppers are vastly overpriced by Monster (at MSRP). In the end, I thought the Golds were better, and a lot less money.
[/size]

Quote:

That's it.
No need for tears.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #12 of 56
Somebody needs nap-nap time.

Quote:

So whose crying. What's your point? I didn't think they were worth the price anyway.  In fact, I think they are somewhat overrated, but that's just in my opinion. Worth $188 from Dell (with tax), sure. Not any more though. No wonder Monster offers a lifetime warranty and one-time "your fault" replacement. Guess they knew something.

No need to beat up on the OP. If I were him, I would sell them too. Get some DBAs for $145 (or some other comparably priced IEMs), and get more sound quality for your money. The Coppers are vastly overpriced by Monster (at MSRP). In the end, I thought the Golds were better, and a lot less money.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #14 of 56
Is this called for from anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back