Private Forum?
Apr 3, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #46 of 64
Haven't read beyond the first post, so I'm just stating my own raw opinion.

I wouldn't mind contributing to Head-Fi in some way, but I don't see how entering a private forum can benefit me--I read everything on Head-Fi as it is
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 3, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
....or even actually get to see jude's official reviews on time!
eek.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know.....I'm not too good about that. With my work work, I do the best I can (which means editing the front page to move the dates back
wink.gif
). Now let's see if I can make the due date for the Acoustic Zen review that's currently on the front page.
tongue.gif

<hurries to edit front page again -- just kidding (for now)>

Apr 3, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #48 of 64
I've just skimmed through this thread... and, it depresses me...

I'm not going to vote for anything, or DO anything - all of these suggestions seem to rip something away from the Head-Fi core... Private Forum a'la subscription... who on earth is going to PAY to read about someones V6 impressions? That is the beauty of the forums the way they are... It was a hard begining here, but now the place has got sponsors, wouldn't THEY be a bit pissed off if all of a sudden half of their 'client-base' disappeared behind closed doors? - Then what?

And, what about the disadvantaged new folk? this 'new' forum would just be a gloryfied messenger service... for established folk - and, what happens when the 40-50 people who are up for paying run out of things to talk about?

So... (and there probably is an option for this but didn't look) I would vote for NO CHANGE

Apr 3, 2002 at 6:05 AM Post #49 of 64
"Ah, now I see. That is a very educated comment."

Yes, and there along side it is your initial comment.

I walk down the street and girls yell at me from their vehicles. "Hey sexy wanna go for a ride?" Happened just today actually. I usually don't pay them any mind. Sometimes I wave back, sometimes it just pisses me off. I hate that I can rarely take a woman into my room without having the conversation deviate towards sex. It really bothers me, it bothers me that everytime I say something intelligent to a woman they get all woozy like cupid just ran by with a rapid fire bow and arrow. They start not looking into my eyes, but staring into them. I'd like to meet a woman who trully just wants to be my friend. The point is Im not hear because I have to be, I'm hear because I want to be.

I can and do go out, it just doenst really float my boat. I like going out and hurting girls feelings, seriously, I go out and do my best to make girls feel like i dont like them. I like watching them go around hurt, looking for the next guy to rebuild their sense of self with. I get flicked off, cussed out, etc. pretty often. Boyfriends dump their drinks on me, I never fight though. Nah, if I fight I try to rip someones head off, no need for that. I go out and start **** basically, but it rarely escalates into anything. I come home and laugh, because women are so easily hurt. So very easily hurt. It's like smashing a marshmallow. It's their very nature to be easy to hurt. I'm so bored when I go out, trying to score is TRULLY way down on my list. Sex is kind of nasty to me, I'm extremely concerned with germs and disease. I also do not like the nature of a womans sexual desire, it's so very transparent.

Everytime I would start a good conversation with my ex, it would end with her saying, "OH God you don't know how that just made me FEEL"... And then the whole thing spirals into sex. SEX SEX SEX. I'm tired of that ****. So after she dumped me, which for some reason crushed me... I started focusing on chess, I went to some chess clubs, lost some games, won some games. Quit that, practiced, now I'm playing tournament level chess at 5-10 minutes per game. Any slower and I can't win, I don't have the train of thought necessary to win an untimed game. Sometimes I play faster than 5 minutes, just for fun, wow, that's exhilirating. Check mating someone in less than 5 minutes is a rush. Sometimes I get zoned, and I play 2 minutes. Usually reach 30 moves, not much time to think, 4-5 sometimes more moves in a second pass through your mind. You don't even recognize moves you see patterns. Patterns of moves, it's like a puzzle. It's fun. I go out and do that, beat a guy ranked 2100+ in a 5 minute game. I was pretty proud of that, maybe I got lucky, maybe not, it was certainly fun to win though.

Thats why I really like online forums. They are great for just talking, saying things, shootin the bull. LIke this, saying whatever for whatever reason, and then low and behond someone says something back. Its a miracle almost. As a frequenter, I say something, people respond, if you're itnerested you respond. If you want to argue you respond, I LIKE arguing, I enjoy evaluating an idea with another person. I like some of you guys, pretty cool people in general. Not that you should care what I think, but it matters to me. I didn't realize that makes me seem like I need to get out, you know, I guess I could have gone to the club today and brought home some drunken blonde babe, but that's not really my idea of fun. So I decided to stay home and work on some computer art projects, take a break now and again and post on head-fi. You know, just typical day to day kind of stuff.

But I guess next time I'll try going out, get rejected by a few girls, find the one who really wants it, make a move, get her number, if I'm really feeling good that day I'll get her home... Nah, I rarely feel good these days. You know, come to think of it, I don't really have any reason to go out anymore anyway. I spent over 3 hours at the gym today, gotta work hard, lots of loosers out there doing steroids, making it harder for the people like me who have the balls to really bust some ass. Probably get up early and hit the gym tomorrow, then go to classes till 8:30, do homework, post on head-fi, play some chess, hit the sack.

Do it all again the next day.

Yeah, I guess you're right, I really don't get out much anymore, I don't need to.

Apr 3, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

PS, why dont you get over the idea of having your own little "club" and grow the **** up???

Oh, that's really funny.
biggrin.gif

But why quarrel? Unless I've missed something, the main point is that unless Jude does an about face, there ain't gonna be a private forum.

I could be wrong. In that case, I vote for Cousin Eddies scheme. Flumpus and morphsci could be appointed elders, then everyone would be happy right? Right?

Apr 3, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #52 of 64
c'mon, I don't think that this needs to degenerate into insults and flames... flumpus was asking a legitamate question, and he deserves a reasonable and fair response.

ai0tron... if what you said is true... you must be heluva good looking. Or something...

Driftwood

Apr 3, 2002 at 7:40 AM Post #53 of 64
ai0tron, I feel your pain. The girls are all over me too. It's a real bitch. It's a curse. While I do occasionally appreciate their attention, it really bothers me that they are only after my body. "There's a mind behind this sexy exterior!", I plead with them. Girls only think about one thing. They are wild animals. It's really disgusting.

Back in college, me and my roommates had to keep watch 24 hours a day to make sure that hormonal girls, on a rampage, didn't break in and bother us. That worked out pretty well because lots of the time at least one of us was up late studying. But one night, we let our guard down, and the girls got in. I was kidnapped and taken back to their sorority, where I was abused all night along. They did all manner of things to me. Because I had consumed too many alcoholic beverages, I was completely unconscious during the whole thing, but, I tell you, it was the best damned night of my life.

Apr 3, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #56 of 64
Not heluva good looking. No.

"ai0tron, I feel your pain. The girls are all over me too. It's a real bitch. It's a curse. While I do occasionally appreciate their attention, it really bothers me that they are only after my body. "There's a mind behind this sexy exterior!", I plead with them. Girls only think about one thing. They are wild animals. It's really disgusting.

Back in college, me and my roommates had to keep watch 24 hours a day to make sure that hormonal girls, on a rampage, didn't break in and bother us. That worked out pretty well because lots of the time at least one of us was up late studying. But one night, we let our guard down, and the girls got in. I was kidnapped and taken back to their sorority, where I was abused all night along. They did all manner of things to me. Because I had consumed too many alcoholic beverages, I was completely unconscious during the whole thing, but, I tell you, it was the best damned night of my life."

LOL.

Seriously, I despise women. Ever listen to cake? Maybe I should stop listening to that ****. Theres this song, it's called "Italian Leather Sofa", listen to it, that's where I am coming from. I'm not an arrogant priss, I just ****ing despise relationships and the women that come with them 99% of the time. Parasitic, whiney, feminist bitches looking for equal rights whenever it damn well suits them. They want to jump into a ring with a man and fight but when the punches get thrown they scream foul play and ask to be treated like princesses.

No i will not stand for that. Simply, no. Women like me, saying that does not make me arrogant or stupid or anything. I say it to make a point, even though they like me I despise the vast majority, I despise them EVEN WHEN THEY LIKE ME, thats the point, thats why I stay inside, thats why I keep to myself, and thats why i like this place. It's a social scene where you are not encumbered by the underlying freudian currents of human relationships.

Today i got hit on twice, once while i was at the gym, and once while I was merely walking to the ATM machine. **** it, who cares, it means nothing. I was angry at the girl randomly striking up a conversation with me, asking me stupid questions she knew the answers to already. Transparency of intentions. Thats the point, those things mean nothing, this place means something. I dont know why it just does, I like this place, headphones, music, interesting discussion. I hate that whats his face thinks I am here because I dont get out enough. That makes me sick. I'm here because I really LIKE this place. No other reason.

That was the point of my rant. I choose to be an introvert, play chess, fart the batman song, listen to music. You know, things that entertain me that have nothing to do with anyone else. Even though I could IF I WANTED, entertain other methods of living.

Yeah so while you may find it spectacularly amazing that some people are against this private forum thing, well guess what some of us have reasons for it!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It amy be "lame" to you, but I haven't made several hundred posts about headphones in search of information. Ive actually been talking, yelling, arguing, insulting, defending, joking, expressing, complimenting, and all manner of things in fact.

Basically enjoying this place as a sort of free for all of headhones and human interaction. CHillin out sometimes, gettin riled up othertimes. I have some stupid ideas about keeping people on their toes. I like saying things and seeing people respond, it's good to know somewhat out there cares one way or the other.

Apr 3, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #57 of 64
this is a new side to ai0tron that I have not yet seen...
I bet you that amongst the members here, we'd have quite a few stories to tell... bizarre how not being able to see the people you are talking to really allows people to open up in a way that they probably never would in person...

Driftwood

Apr 3, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #58 of 64
aiOtron
Dude..reading one of your 'rants' first thing in the morning......
Priceless
biggrin.gif

Setmenu

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:38 AM Post #59 of 64
What would be the difference between our current "Members Lounge" and "Outside"?

I think we essentially have an "Outside". We just don't always use it that way.

Apr 3, 2002 at 12:23 PM Post #60 of 64
I think we should be allowed to purchase an ultra-exclusive forum where we could just talk to ourselves.

"I'm a f*%&$%ing a-hole !!!

"No, I'm a f*^%$&&*ing a-hole !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back