Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Sep 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 446
Ugly!

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 446
  Honestly, these headphones look pretty bad. I'm pretty sure the demographic Sennheiser is targeting them towards will be sticking with Beats, especially since they upped the quality with the refresh.

Looks are subjective I guess, but you may be right regarding people sticking with Beats rather than an obvious Beats lookalike, but nontheless I wish Sennheiser all the best with these new offerings - I like em 
cool.gif

Here's an idea - why not have both? 
tongue.gif

Senn.. what are you guys doing lollll, invest the money on engineering and research not fashion

Please see bold red text 
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 446
I wonder if Sennheiser are using leather anywhere on these - else vegetarians may give them a miss and move straight onto beats solo2's as they use pleather on their earpads and the red colour ones are (PRODUCT)RED certified which means a percentage of the sales price goes to help the global fight on AIDS.

So for your animal friendly charitable,carbon reduced eco warrior audiophile, the Sennheiser solo2 clones may not be the ethical choice?

edit: re-reading OP first post it looks like Sennheiser aren't using any leather, so veggies are good to go 
smily_headphones1.gif

'bringing the bass for an intense club experience on the move'

'They want bass but want it done right'  No schiit Sennheiser - but you're a little late in the day in realising this, the beats solo2 already has this covered and started with the Studio 2.0, mixr and solo HD monochromatic cans, the solo2 is just the icing on the cake.  Nontheless, I wish you luck and congratulate you on your moment of realisation that must have rudely awoken you - if you can't beats them - join em 
wink.gif

I hope Sennheiser don't put out this headphone with 'sloppy bass" (Tyll Hertsens) like their Momentum on-ear offerings unlike the beats solo2 tight and punchy audiophile refined sound signature - massive LOL 
biggrin.gif
 - how the tables have been turned - Sennheiser playing big catch up to the solo2 refined sonics 
bigsmile_face.gif
 this is priceless...

Urbanite?  Hope they got their sonics right as they've got a big fight against beats latest & greatest.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 446
The more headphones on the market, the better, period. I think some more pictures of these cans in different settings and colors could probably help... I for one don't mind the bold styling, as long as more subdued colors are available (brown/blue combo is always hip for that).

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 446
biggrin.gif

[COLOR=FF0000]LADIES[/COLOR] [COLOR=006400]&[/COLOR] [COLOR=FFD700]GENTLEMEN[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]WELCOME[/COLOR] [COLOR=808080]TO[/COLOR] [COLOR=00FF00]SENNHEISER'S[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]RESPONSE[/COLOR] [COLOR=FFA07A]TO[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF00FF]THE[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF6600]BEATS[/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082]SOLO2[/COLOR] [COLOR=A52A2A]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=40E0D0]LOL[/COLOR]:D
:deadhorse:

But I'm a big Sennheiser fan anyways, so I welcome these new funky offerings from them - good to see vibrant lively colours being used, but these are unashamedly aimed at taking a piece of the beats solo2 market for sure.

Beats lead - the rest follow - what a paradox 
tongue.gif

Competition is so healthy, it gives consumers like all of us better and better quality of product  - total win-win :beerchug:

Great to see these new models 
cool.gif

Wonder what Dre would say? :wink:  

Probably "sheesh, Beats by Sennheiser, now who's the wiser?":popcorn:  

[COLOR=CC33CC]Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]I wonder if they are suitable for vegetarians?[/COLOR]

No.

solo2's aren't on Tyll Hertsens from Innerfidelity's wall of fame for nothing 
wink.gif

though I sincerely hope these new Senn's are just as good as the solo2 if not better - competition causes manufacturers to keep bettering themselves perpetually.

LOL I thought the Momentum was the reaction to Beats. Apparently not. :wink:

Makes me think...:D

XD I actually think the Yamaha's look better than the new senn's.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #25 of 446
LOL I thought the Momentum was the reaction to Beats. Apparently not.
wink.gif

XD I actually think the Yamaha's look better than the new senn's.

I agree, the colours and marketing spiel of Sennheiser are clearly "inspired" from beats but that Yamaha photo is carbon copy in the styling dept.

Watch out for new thread: "Yamaha V Sennheiser infringement lawsuit 
eek.gif

"URBANITE" - wonder if you live in the suburbs you get 10% off price?  Those countryside living folks can pay full price for their clean air living 
dt880smile.png

I'd love to see Sennheisers CEO wearing a pair of urbanites trying to get down kool with da kidz 
tongue.gif
 - "Bass in the Place London" 

Sennheiser design team for the urbanites - do you even Bass bro's? 

URBANITES - Rock n Roll with it 
biggrin.gif

Hope they are good for glitch-hop?

Ok, I'm done ribbing Sennheiser -  I do actually love this brand 
smily_headphones1.gif
  HD800's, HD25 Adidas Classics & Momentum over ear David Bowie Special Edition - so much love for these cans from Sennheiser and now hopefully their URBANITE.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #26 of 446
I understand that they don't want to miss out on the market, but Beats is a brand that has nothing to do with sound quality. People buy them because they're heavily associated with fashion and pop culture. Unless they start seeing artists and famous people wearing Sennheiser, they're not going to want anything else.

I don't think it's ridiculous that Sennheiser is trying, but it's something that won't pay off. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #27 of 446
  I understand that they don't want to miss out on the market, but Beats is a brand that has nothing to do with sound quality. People buy them because they're heavily associated with fashion and pop culture. Unless they start seeing artists and famous people wearing Sennheiser, they're not going to want anything else.

I don't think it's ridiculous that Sennheiser is trying, but it's something that won't pay off. 

^This

The new Senns are really ugly. From the description, the phones aren't my sonic cup of tea either. :frowning2: I was hoping for an improved, more audiophile-friendly MOE.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #29 of 446
The Amperior didn't do as well as Senn hoped so it looks like this is their new attempt at a fashionable approach to an HD25. Looks a little bit retro, a little bit modern and slightly less stuck up than the Momentums.

edit: scratch that, there's a circumaural version as well, so maybe not the HD25 base after all

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #30 of 446

Agreed.

Beats is a fad and Sennheiser wants to cash in on that fad, but imo it cheapened the brand.
There's a reason why beats is a joke, but I guess it's a joke Sennheiser want in on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back