Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Oct 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #286 of 446
I just got the Urbanite XL and compared them to my Momentum over ears. Initial impressions after roughly 2 hours:

Holy crap are they bassy!!! Voices sound very distant, surely there is a lack of treble sparkle but for bassheads (and considering the price), they sound fairly well!

More to come.....maybe......

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #288 of 446
I won my Urbanite during the "Find the Golden Ear" campaign that Sennheiser held in NYC, but I never use them. Mostly it's due to the way they fit(but don't sit) on my head, and secondly because I don't enjoy the signature as much as my other portables. Rather than have them sitting here collecting dust, I'd like to share them with anyone who is interested in trying them out. Maybe we could start an impromptu tour. PM me if you're interested. If there aren't enough people who want to do this, then someone can just have them.

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #289 of 446
  I won my Urbanite during the "Find the Golden Ear" campaign that Sennheiser held in NYC, but I never use them. Mostly it's due to the way they fit(but don't sit) on my head, and secondly because I don't enjoy the signature as much as my other portables. Rather than have them sitting here collecting dust, I'd like to share them with anyone who is interested in trying them out. Maybe we could start an impromptu tour. PM me if you're interested. If there aren't enough people who want to do this, then someone can just have them.

That would be a really cool way for people to demo them. I'd be interested! Or if no one is interested I'll take them! 

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #290 of 446
  That would be a really cool way for people to demo them. I'd be interested! Or if no one is interested I'll take them! 

PM me. Oh and this will be limited to Americans. Sorry international friends.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #291 of 446

I would like to try them out.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #293 of 446
Oct 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #294 of 446
So far I have been contacted by:

jodgey4
Mad Max
Paspasero
pfloyd
and
DisCHORDDubstep

If I get no more replies today then I will contact you guys with further details on what to do next.

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #295 of 446
Okay so it looks like you 5 will be part of the tour. I'm still waiting for PMs from @Paspasero and @pfloyd. If you guys DO NOT PM me, then you will be cut from the tour. I will send details in a follow up PM to you guys.

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #297 of 446
If you and Jodgey can meet up and hand it off, that's perfectly okay with me. My intent is to share. I'll add you to the list if you want.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #299 of 446
Was lucky enough to try these today, when I saw some Sennheiser reps at a show.

I was absolutely blown away with the over-ear version. Despite it being in a noisy environment, these reminded me a lot of my D5000 at home.

Dat subbass..

Also, really comfortable, super flexible headband, and look great to boot.

Colour me interested. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #300 of 446
Preliminary impressions after trying the XL version at a well known local audio store whose staff are all audiophiles.

very balanced sound, not bass heavy, though there is a hollow feel to the sound due to an early treble roll off, leaving the headphones gasping for air. by bringing the treble up in my phone's equaliser I was able to completely eliminate this issue and get a very lively and enjoyable sound in return. overall quite enjoyable. tonal balance is very even with a quite heavy treble roll off that should be fixed easily by a decent equaliser. detail levels are quite good. the earpads are soft but the headphone is not the most comfortable due to clamping force. the headphone itself is actually very solid and does not clank or creak in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back