Predator vs Protector
Apr 11, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
lol after burning in the soundstage kinda diminished somehow, its on about 70 hours right now.

If you believe Ray Samuels, even a portable amp isnt fully burnt in until you reach somewhere between 300 and 500 hours, or at least those are the kind of recommendations he gives for his amps. I would hold off on any more impressions until you get to the 200 hour mark.

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
You really owed it to yourself to play around with some of Rays amps, Predator, Mustang, Shadow, SR71a, SR71b, Protector etc.  If I were you, I'll try the Mustang or the Protector, I guaranty you'll like them.  You should buy it on the For sale forum (you can get them pretty cheap these days), I know cus I just sold them 
confused_face.gif
 .  If you don't like it, sell it back on the forum and most likely you will be able to get very close to what you pay for, and report back
wink.gif

OK - so what you are telling me is that your amps had poor resale value when it came time to sell them, but you think I should buy a secondhand amp anyway because I will be able to resell it for much the same money ? Jalo, I kind of follow what you are saying here, but I'm not going to buy two of Ray's amps just to hear sonics that you no longer find sufficiently engrossing to hang onto :)

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
OK - so what you are telling me is that your amps had poor resale value when it came time to sell them, but you think I should buy a secondhand amp anyway because I will be able to resell it for much the same money ? Jalo, I kind of follow what you are saying here, but I'm not going to buy two of Ray's amps just to hear sonics that you no longer find sufficiently engrossing to hang onto :)

No, that is not what I meant.  Just because I sold them doesn't mean they are second class.  If I limit myself to around $350.00 or so. The mustang or Protector are still the best deal around on the used market.  You don't need to buy two, just pick either one for a taste and you'll know
devil_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back