Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Sep 27, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #121 of 3,652
Btw I’m not going to ask you which reviewer I would read or find, let time i checked everyone is free to express their thoughts in this forum without offending anyone.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #122 of 3,652
Are you still on my 256 daps reference? Can’t you figure a joke when you see one? I just pointed what I like in a review, I’m not the authority for reviewers and to tell them what to do. I read as many reviews as I can and I’m not criticizing his reviews, just pointed what I would like to see, there is nothing to be offended. And the point you’re missing is reviewing everything with dx160 is consistent as much as reviewing everything with dx160+Sp2000+r8 or whatever as long as the setup is same all the time.
Nice try there, you don't get to use the "it was a joke" copt out on the internet. Its posted, I can and will use it. Don't say things you don't want to be used against you.

That said, if precogvision does acquire a higher tier DAP and goes forward with that, we're all for it. But the suggestion of borrowing headphones.com demo pool holds no water. It is at the end of the day a demo model and he'll be unlikely to have it beyond maybe 2-3 iems to review which really puts a wrench in the consistency side of things. Which I mentioned in my last response.

Btw I’m not going to ask you which reviewer I would read or find, let time i checked everyone is free to express their thoughts in this forum without offending anyone.
Not going to, I didn't say who to follow either. Yes you're free to express your opinion, but you're coming off as being abrasive.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #123 of 3,652
Show me one guy taking 256 daps seriously and I will apologize. It’s not like I cursed and said it was a joke. Twister6 will let us know if he’s offended also.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #124 of 3,652
Show me one guy taking 256 daps seriously and I will apologize. It’s not like I cursed and said it was a joke. Twister6 will let us know if he’s offended also.
I'm not asking for an apology in response to a percieved offence. Where in the world did I say that? Please quote me where I did.

If not, lets get back on topic: discussing iems.

Sep 27, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #125 of 3,652
My take - if you want a reviewer to try YOUR source chain with a specific said of headphones or iems, feel free to send them your chain for their opinion.

Otherwise, there's infinite amount of source chain combinations and no one is going to be happy.

And yes, output impedance is a real thing with certain headphones and IEMs and needs to be considered, but at the same time, you can only work with what you have. Take all reviews with a grain of salt.

ESPECIALLY PRECOGs. :)

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #126 of 3,652
I thought we were over it but I felt the need to remind you that he is sponsored by headphones.com and he is publishing his reviews in their page so I though he could have access to Cayin, a&k and ibasso which I also happen to have. You can’t blame a man for being curious. I didn’t want him to buy anything and yeah if we were a tiny bit closer I would have gladly sent anything from my chain, but where I am it would cost me 300$ per shipment. Most of the reviews I read whether be it from dedicated websites or self-reviewers from head-fi reviews page use multiple source regardless of the brand and you’re still making me the bad guy whereas the man himself said he might take a look at it in the future because he really does have access to the goods. This is not a fraternity you don’t need to protect him as this was not a subject that needed protection. I’m not attacking his reviews or any of his thoughts about the iems that I have or don’t have.Man why did this small matter grow so much? It was yes I can do it or no I can’t and he already replied he might maybe in the future and we’re still ranting on it😂😂😂

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #127 of 3,652
I also review things as a hobby and i get asked those same questions regarding source selection all the time. It gets old quick. People can only work with the tools they have and not everyone gets a ton of free daps or amps to work with, has money to buy that many, place to store that many or time to play around with that many.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #128 of 3,652
I also review things as a hobby and i get asked those same questions regarding source selection all the time. It gets old quick. People can only work with the tools they have and not everyone gets a ton of free daps or amps to work with, has money to buy that many, place to store that many or time to play around with that many.
Guess I am lucky that I havent gotten that question yet lol. :joy:

But agree with you 100%.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #130 of 3,652
Apple dongle = good enough for most, and what most people actually have :)

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #132 of 3,652
One true god😂

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #133 of 3,652
To be perfectly frank, if an IEM doesn't play ball via an iPhone or Samsung, then that's a major issue.
iPhone is miles ahead of Samsung , tried df cobalt with both and the difference was huge , Samsung was just dull as music source, also apple dongle itself has plenty driving power, it is very impressive for the price.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #134 of 3,652
iPhone is miles ahead of Samsung , tried df cobalt with both and the difference was huge , Samsung was just dull as music source, also apple dongle itself has plenty driving power, it is very impressive for the price.

Dude, its not a pissing contest - I was just pointing out what 99.999% of the population use.

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #135 of 3,652
No you misunderstood me, I have both iPhone and Samsung not being a fanboy of anything, tested them both as music source with df and apple with its dongle also, it was my observation. Let’s say it’s been a long year and I had looots of free time😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back