Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Sep 25, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #1,561 of 3,654
Checked into the hotel for CanJam today and finally got to meet the Headphones.com crew in the flesh! It's going to be a busy next couple days, but I'll be doing my best to run around, hear all the new IEMs, and write-up impressions. Also got to steal a certain IEM after the team meeting:

IMG_0709.jpg

I'll say it's purrty sweet on initial listen, but I'm also exhausted from driving most of the day so more thoughts will have to wait.
Oh, cool.

Say hi to Resolve and Taron for me.

Have my eyes on the EVO.

Will probably get it if you give it a positive review, lol.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #1,562 of 3,654
Oh, cool.

Say hi to Resolve and Taron for me.

Have my eyes on the EVO.

Will probably get it if you give it a positive review, lol.
Taron is a nice guy. (Know him from internet)

Sep 25, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #1,563 of 3,654
Hey all, here are my Day 1 IEM impressions for CanJam SoCal 2021. Got to hear lots of stuff (64A Duo, EE EVO, Noble Zephyr, UM FuSang, etc.) and it was great chatting with so many people! I think I’ll revisit a couple IEMs tomorrow as well as finally try some more summit-fi headphones.

https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/canjam-socal-2021-iem-impressions

82C0AF55-8DB2-40E0-8483-0664DD4BD839.jpeg

F2C9BAE1-0F26-4191-B954-D74AF1FD1E41.jpeg

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #1,565 of 3,654
Hey all, here are my Day 1 IEM impressions for CanJam SoCal 2021. Got to hear lots of stuff (64A Duo, EE EVO, Noble Zephyr, UM FuSang, etc.) and it was great chatting with so many people! I think I’ll revisit a couple IEMs tomorrow as well as finally try some more summit-fi headphones.

https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/canjam-socal-2021-iem-impressions

82C0AF55-8DB2-40E0-8483-0664DD4BD839.jpeg

F2C9BAE1-0F26-4191-B954-D74AF1FD1E41.jpeg
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Evo.

I've never had an IEM let alone a TOTL one am thinking of selling my Denon AH-D9200 to check out the IEM world. First on the contender list is the U12t but the Evo is definitely interesting as well.

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #1,566 of 3,654

I've never had an IEM let alone a TOTL one am thinking of selling my Denon AH-D9200 to check out the IEM world. First on the contender list is the U12t but the Evo is definitely interesting as well.
Lol, nothing like going to the top right out of the gate!

Honestly, I learned so much from my early experiences with lesser IEMs and tip rolling that I might actually advise against the U12t right away. I really learned to experience and appreciate the different qualities of the soundstage and technicalities of IEMs compared to headphones before moving up the price & performance ladder. Definitely a slightly different world than headphones and a totally different world than speakers.

Just some unsolicited advice. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #1,567 of 3,654
Lol, nothing like going to the top right out of the gate!

Honestly, I learned so much from my early experiences with lesser IEMs and tip rolling that I might actually advise against the U12t right away. I really learned to experience and appreciate the different qualities of the soundstage and technicalities of IEMs compared to headphones before moving up the price & performance ladder. Definitely a slightly different world than headphones and a totally different world than speakers.

Just some unsolicited advice. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Honestly mate, while I get the sentiment, I wasted too much money on mid tier headphones instead of getting what I wanted in the Denon right away. I do agree about finding the right signature though - I've finally figured that out for headphones.

It's great bass, large soundstage, not too recessed mids, and smooth treble. That's not asking for much is it??? hahah

I will definitely try all of the high end earphones I can before purchasing though.

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #1,569 of 3,654

If you have to choose between headphones and IEMs, headphones get my vote, generally speaking. If you do decide to enter the realm of IEMs, the two you mention are wildly different..

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,570 of 3,654
If you have to choose between headphones and IEMs, headphones get my vote, generally speaking. If you do decide to enter the realm of IEMs, the two you mention are wildly different..
Hmmmmmm. Maybe you guys are right then - I should check out cheaper offerings. What sub 300 USD IEM would you recommend that has great comfort? I have small ear canals.

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,571 of 3,654
Hmmmmmm. Maybe you guys are right then - I should check out cheaper offerings. What sub 300 USD IEM would you recommend that has great comfort? I have small ear canals.
Tanchjim Oxygen

Sony XBA-N3

LZ A7

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,572 of 3,654
Sennheiser IE 300.

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,573 of 3,654
I would add the Blessing 2 Dusk as another option around 300.

Or the UM 3DT for the same price. It's got a really nice soundstage and presentation, a little on the leaner side of things but still with deep, highly textured bass.

I would recommend at least trying a single (or multi) DD (dynamic driver) IEM to compare with the BA types. The Oxygen that Precog mentioned, or the 3DT would be suitable for around 300.

... And then there's tips.... I can't overstate how important tip fit and shape can affect the sound.

... And down the rabbit hole you go..

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #1,574 of 3,654
I would add the Blessing 2 Dusk as another option around 300.

Or the UM 3DT for the same price. It's got a really nice soundstage and presentation, a little on the leaner side of things but still with deep, highly textured bass.

I would recommend at least trying a single (or multi) DD (dynamic driver) IEM to compare with the BA types. The Oxygen that Precog mentioned, or the 3DT would be suitable for around 300.
I've heard the dusk is quite big, no?

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #1,575 of 3,654

Users who are viewing this thread

Back