Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1
Jul 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mudrnudl

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
i am going to buy new in-ear headphones with balanced armature driver around 100€.
I want to decide between these:
Etymotic ER6i, Etymotic HF3, Ultimate Ears 600vi, Ultimate Ears SF5vi, JAYS q-JAYS, PHONAK Audéo PFE 111, Westone 1
Do somebody has any of them? I would like to know some practical things which are hard to find on reviews and internet generally.
For example: What is wire/cable like? Isn't the microphone and control panel/buttons (if your model has any) or the headphones themselves too haevy to has them in your ears for a long time? Do you have any problems with Sensitivity, Impedance or Frequency Response? What things did you have to get used to? Which things/features you hate on them? Which you like? What about jack and the place where cable joins monitors (I mean headphones)? Do you have any other problems? Are your headphones comfortable also after long time listening? Did you need to burn in them? Do they have a sharp corners which are annoying? Do you feel pain in your ear or some big pressure after a long time listening? and many other things which will cross your mind...
If you have more headphones from my list you can compare them too. There are many reviews so you guys don't have to speak (or don't have to speak too much) about sound.

Thank you very much friends!

Best regards
MUDr.Nudl

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 9
i decided for phonak (still confused by q-jays)
your list is full of specific headphones in some way - sound and also you need to put them deep in your ear
my 2 headphones are maybe more average but average in each way (that's why I choosed them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back