Power amp recomendation
Oct 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

caableguy

100+ Head-Fier
In looking to replace my D Zero. I just received my Weston's 4R. I'm looking for an amp upgrade for the Westone and my HD580's. Sources are my Note2, Rock Box Clip Zip, Nano and iPod touch.

I was looking at the Leckerton but not sure. I get overwhelmed reading reviews and would appreciate some real world experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4
No Suggestions? huh. Ok thanks anyway.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't get upset. The fact is there are way too many portable headphone amps out there right now and most of them are very decent and quite a few of them are excellent. Just about any well-known brands that get mentioned a lot here will likely to be a safe choice, Leckerton included.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. I was not getting upset, just surprised. Knowing how many choices there are out there, I just thought that someone would chime in with what Amp/Dac they are using for their Westones and Full size. I really don't want to carry a brick that I see in many of the threads. There is no place that I am aware of on the Oregon coast or inland that has anything that I could go to test drive. So I was hoping to avoid buying and returning. I purchased several lower budget amps that are not so impressive. I'm just trying to avoid making the mistake again.

I've heard some work better with IEM's and others with full size. My budget is 300-400. Hopefully I will be getting the Note 3 but I'm reading the US version may not be getting the good Wolfson DAC.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back