**Potential Meet for Atlanta Area**
Feb 22, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #47 of 75
Bumpin' this as a potential Canlanta 2! Check my profile for gear, I'd be happy to bring some stuff and, unlike last year, I might actually have some stuff worth bringing :p

If anything ends up happening here, somebody lemme know! Also, if Purk is up for it, he brought some incredible gear to Canlanta last year-- R10, bunch of Stax, amps, the works.

Lemme know what's up with this one!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #48 of 75
Bumpin' this as a potential Canlanta 2! Check my profile for gear, I'd be happy to bring some stuff and, unlike last year, I might actually have some stuff worth bringing :p

If anything ends up happening here, somebody lemme know! Also, if Purk is up for it, he brought some incredible gear to Canlanta last year-- R10, bunch of Stax, amps, the works.

Lemme know what's up with this one!!

A more imminent meet is the Charlotte one in April. A three hour drive from Atlanta. Not too bad.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696198/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19th-2014

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #49 of 75
I'd love to go, but that's over 5 hours drive away from me, so that's probably pushing it a bit :wink:. Thanks for the heads-up though!! 

So: any Atlantans (Atlantians? Atliens?) still game for a reprise of the absolute blast that Canlanta was last year? 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #50 of 75
I've been swarmed with school work but I would be down if someone organized it.

I can also check to seeif we can get a cheaper venue at GaTech. Once an organizer has taken up the role they can pm me

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #51 of 75
Awesome, very cool of you PXSS. I'd be willing to throw in a few bucks to make something like this happen. 

So: any Atlanta residents feelin' froggy? :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #53 of 75
  Sounds interesting—how big do these things tend to be?

Just depends on a huge number of variables. I'd say at last year's Canlanta get-together there were probably around 100 people who came by (some can feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken), but they weren't all there at the same time. It seemed like there were a few dozen people there at any given time, at least during my time there. 

As an update, BTW: there is now a meet set up for the Nashville area if there's anybody in north- or midstate-Georgia that would like to come. Meet thread is here. It's starting to really shape up to be a nice one with some good vendors coming, so hopefully it will be as worthwhile as last year's Canlanta was. 

You should definitely make it to a meet sometime if you haven't been to one-- Canlanta was (so far) the only one I've been able to attend, and it was hugely important in allowing me to figure out how I wanted to set up my system going forward. I spent about a year selling off some stuff, acquiring other stuff, and saving towards the big investments I wanted to make, and most of that vision came from my experience at the meet itself. Plus, you get to meet some genuinely awesome people who won't roll their eyes in exasperation when you want to talk about music and gear at length, which is a really nice bonus for me at least :p

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #54 of 75
Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, particularly exchanging ideas about music. A few dozen people there at any given times rules out options like meeting at a library conference room. I'll keep my ears peeled for Canlanta II.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #55 of 75
Yeah man, if there's another Canlanta I'll probably try to make it too. And as far as finding new music-- I've found a lot more new gear than music, but the very first time I ever heard Melody Gardot was at an AV123 meet in Alabama a few years ago... and I still love her to this day. Pretty awesome :wink:

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #56 of 75
Canlanta two would be awesome, the first meet was a great success in my eyes.

I could bring my bifrost/lyr and my lcd-2 (2014) and maddogs. I could also bring my anonymous Panasonic blu ray player.

Canlanta was awesome, and even though there are other regional meets, those may be a big drive for some.

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #57 of 75
It's not Canlanta 2, but there is another Nashville meet (yes, the first one DID take place, and this one will too) coming up on September 20th if anyone is close enough and interested. 

Hope to see some of you guys there!!

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #58 of 75
Keep me up to date about the 9/20 Nashville meet. You know where to find me!

**BRENT**

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #59 of 75
Keep me up to date about the 9/20 Nashville meet. You know where to find me!

**BRENT**

Heh, yeah, good call, I'll post there too:wink:. Hope you can make it, man!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back