**Potential Meet for Atlanta Area**
Aug 25, 2012 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

MattTCG

Headphoneus Supremus
I am putting together an interest check for member in the Atlanta area who would be interested in a small local meet. Currently we are looking at a location just north of the city. What I'd like to see is a list of those who are interested and what headphones and equipment that you'd be willing to bring for auditioning. 

So for those who are interested, please add your name and equipment to this list. I will be working with another member to coordinate the details. 

1. MattTCG. Hp's=he 400 with Q cable and modded fostex t50 (must be heard to be appreciated).

Amps/dacs=Audio GD NFB6, e09k, e17, odac

thanks...Matt

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 75
We are in the initial planning stages. So if there are suggestions for a date or place feel free to post them!!

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 75
Matt, I am just passing through and I though it would be great to see old friends I have made at a couple of previous meets (2) I have attended in the Atlanta Area. If it happens great and I will stop by to say hello. Cheers!

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 75
I would be interested in a meet in the ATL. Right now I would be willing to bring a Leckerton UHA-6s mk2 portable amp. I just recently sold off most of my stuff to acquire new and different things, so I'm sure I could have 1 or 2 more things to bring by meet time.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 75
Thanks guys!! We are collecting a small group slowly. Need some more people willing to bring some nice stuff. Come on!!

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 75
I'd be interested, but haven't got much in the way of cool gear.

EDIT: Could bring AD700s, Dr. Dac DX2 MUSES, HE-400's, and some, er, Portapros I guess?
tongue.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 75
I would be willing to make the trip over from the birmingham area. The headphones I could bring are: he-6, audio technical w3000anv, stax lambda signature. Along with marantz sa8004, and stage dac as sources. I also have a nice sounding go dap 4.0 portable amp/dac I could bring as well.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 75
Quote:
I would be willing to make the trip over from the birmingham area. The headphones I could bring are: he-6, audio technical w3000anv, stax lambda signature. Along with marantz sa8004, and stage dac as sources. I also have a nice sounding go dap 4.0 portable amp/dac I could bring as well.

Lol...I have a daughter named Chelsea because she was born there!!

It looks like we might have enough interest now to push forward with a target date. I'd suggest somewhere around end of October before the holiday season gets into swing. I'll consolidate a list of people and equipment and post back with it. Please let me know what the unofficial target date looks like for you guys and gals. 

Matt

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 75
I know I'm interested, as are a lot of people, in hearing better equipment. I have lowly HD-25-I-IIs that I love and wonder where to go from here.  Willing to help with set up or coordination if that's necessary but not at the point in this hobby where I have as much to offer.

(OTOH I'd like to buy a complimentary portable amp. Maybe with some advice from this crowd I'll have another toy to bring!)

Thanks for taking the initiative,

Jeff (East Atlanta)

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #15 of 75
Is this taking shape?  I'm interested as well.  I can bring my OII & SRM-717 and W4S DAC2 as well as some portables DAPs including the DX100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back