Potential interest in another FL meet?
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #31 of 55
Just spoke w/ Raffy, tomorrow he will be looking at Embassy Suites as well as an alternate location. The room will cost approximately $150, so please post confirming your participation. If we can get at least 6 participants the cost will be on average $25.

Thanks.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #32 of 55
Sorry, major brain fart on my part! The 7th won't work for me. I've got some overseas business meetings that I'm leaving Cayman for on the very evening.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #33 of 55
ya, 7th is kinda close for me...i will not be able to get off work in that amount of time.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #34 of 55
yea, my friend backed out and he's my ride there... so i can't do it on the 7th either.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #36 of 55
feb 21st? i dunno, just tossing that out there, or maybe the 28th?

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
feb 21st? i dunno, just tossing that out there, or maybe the 28th?

i can ask my buddy about the 21st. i know he has it off and he gets paid that week...

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd vote for Orlando as well. I've only been to one Head-Fi meet there, but it was an absolute blast. I've been to many meets in South Florida since then and they were all fun, but there is something about Orlando that adds an extra element to the experience, especially if you have an extra day or two to hang out and enjoy the attractions.

I concur.

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Murderer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can ask my buddy about the 21st. i know he has it off and he gets paid that week...

21st is cool for both of us.
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #42 of 55
I am good on the 21st as well. Now comes the question of location, Raffy checked w/ the Embassy Suites and the check in is at 4:00 o'clock. He asked for a check in of Noon and was told it can be requested w/ no guarantee of getting.

This means that in order to be able to set up earlier than 4:00 o'clock two nights of hote accomodations would be needed. The room is $159 plus tax which will be about $360 divided by the number of participants.

I checked the Embassy Suites in Altamonte and they have conference rooms. The smallest being the Volusia Room which is 14' by 33' and if tables are arranged in U-Shape it will accomodate 20 people. See: Embassy Suites Orlando - North: Capacity Charts

Raffy since you are the local guy would you please ask for a price at the Volusia Room on 2/21 with the room arranged in U-Shape? Make sure the price they quote includes the tables, chairs, and setup/removal. Also see if you can get the number of outlets available. Thanks.

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am good on the 21st as well. Now comes the question of location, Raffy checked w/ the Embassy Suites and the check in is at 4:00 o'clock. He asked for a check in of Noon and was told it can be requested w/ no guarantee of getting.

This means that in order to be able to set up earlier than 4:00 o'clock two nights of hote accomodations would be needed. The room is $159 plus tax which will be about $360 divided by the number of participants.

I checked the Embassy Suites in Altamonte and they have conference rooms. The smallest being the Volusia Room which is 14' by 33' and if tables are arranged in U-Shape it will accomodate 20 people. See: Embassy Suites Orlando - North: Capacity Charts

Raffy since you are the local guy would you please ask for a price at the Volusia Room on 2/21 with the room arranged in U-Shape? Make sure the price they quote includes the tables, chairs, and setup/removal. Also see if you can get the number of outlets available. Thanks.

where is altamonte?
and please explain this two-night thing. does this mean we setup the room at 4:00pm on saturday, stay the night and then use the room sunday morning?
i don't think we could stay the night, and if they don't even setup until 4 i might not be able to go. to be sure i would need to ask my friend.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Murderer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where is altamonte?
and please explain this two-night thing. does this mean we setup the room at 4:00pm on saturday, stay the night and then use the room sunday morning?
i don't think we could stay the night, and if they don't even setup until 4 i might not be able to go. to be sure i would need to ask my friend.

Altamonte Springs is about 10 miles east of downtown Orlando. What Miguel is saying is that in order to guarantee that we can set up by 11-12noon on Saturday, we would have to get the room for two nights, Friday and Saturday. I'll be checking on the Volusia room today.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #45 of 55
I live in Lakeland, about 45 miles from Orlando. I've never been to any kind of meet. I'm only doing portable these days since I sold my Singlepower.

If I go it would be more to meet some of the people and to learn more.

I'll have to see how my workload goes as I get a little closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back