Potential interest in another FL meet?
Dec 5, 2008 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

Zadok

100+ Head-Fier
I should first note that I don't necessarily mean really soon since there was just a FL meet Nov. 15. I know a few people (including me) really wanted to go to it, but couldn't quite make it out.

This is an interest check for any of those people who missed out and anyone else who would like to come.

I am hoping sometime before the summer. Who's in?

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 55
If you could make it northern Fla. that would be great. Jacksonville would probably get alot pf Atl. folks and I would make the 2 hr. drive for sure.

Jan 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 55
Orlando. Someone bring a pair of HD800's please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 55
I'd be interested in a FL meet. I live in Orlando and have a trusty pair of Ultrasone 750s to share
biggrin.gif

btw does anyone nearby have a pair of Triple Fis? I'm in the market for an IEM..

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 55
How about the same location as the one held in August 2008? Embassy Suites (Orlando), and some of their guest rooms have a conference room atached which can host 6-8 people and their gear confortably. Thus someone driving in could rent one of these rooms and make it available for the meet.

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 55
I'm definitely interested. Perhaps a meet in the Orlando area sometime in March? If so, I can probably lead or help out in setting up the meet location and other relevant details.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 55
I'd vote for Orlando as well. I've only been to one Head-Fi meet there, but it was an absolute blast. I've been to many meets in South Florida since then and they were all fun, but there is something about Orlando that adds an extra element to the experience, especially if you have an extra day or two to hang out and enjoy the attractions.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #14 of 55
At the risk of sounding like a broken record how about at the same location as we did in August 2008. Specifically at:

Embassy Suites Orlando - North
225 Shorecrest Drive
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
USA
1-407-834-2400 (phone)

The "1 King Executive" has a very large table on the second room which could easily accomodate 5-8 members. So if we have an small meet this would be a good place. Here is a picture ...

MCOSPES_Embassy_Suites_Orlando-North_room_type_KEXN_3.jpg

If a member like me who will be spending the night rents the room then the location for the meet would be free! The only problem is that I go to bed by 11:00pm just like the chickens. Sorry.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the risk of sounding like a broken record how about at the same location as we did in August 2008. Specifically at:

Embassy Suites Orlando - North
225 Shorecrest Drive
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
USA
1-407-834-2400 (phone)

The "1 King Executive" has a very large table on the second room which could easily accomodate 5-8 members. So if we have an small meet this would be a good place. Here is a picture ...

MCOSPES_Embassy_Suites_Orlando-North_room_type_KEXN_3.jpg

If a member like me who will be spending the night rents the room then the location for the meet would be free! The only problem is that I go to bed by 11:00pm just like the chickens. Sorry.

I agree with Miguel, that place was very nice and had a good amount of room for 4-8 attendees. So, can I get a count of who would be attending the meet if we do it some time in March? So far it seems to be:

1. Me - Raffy
2. Miguel

Let me know and I can probably start a new thread with the official details and attendee list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back