Post your Photography Here!
Apr 11, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #1,021 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got me about the first photo Contrastique....what is it??
icon10.gif
I'm guessing some sort of glass in front of a photo of a house (because of that solid reflection). Is it somewhere on this Earth?
icon10.gif

Well, it has actually been taken in my livingroom.
I first made a polaroid of the house you are seeing (the immediate-pop-out-picture-camera-simple-version). Then grabbed a normal cd with the shiny side towards my camera. Held the polaroid-pic in front of the hole of the cd and shot with my camera through the other side of the hole of the cd to get this pic.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #1,022 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it has actually been taken in my livingroom.
I first made a polaroid of the house you are seeing (the immediate-pop-out-picture-camera-simple-version). Then grabbed a normal cd with the shiny side towards my camera. Held the polaroid-pic in front of the hole of the cd and shot with my camera through the other side of the hole of the cd to get this pic.

ah OK...I see the borders of the CD now: some cool light reflections going on: makes it seem like it's through the eyes of some alien or something
biggrin.gif
It's cold and rainy today here....I was thinking I'd go pick up some DIY photo lighting supplies for doing some indoor shots: need to post more photos!!

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #1,025 of 1,784
Oh yeah, and here's another taken in a church. Yeah I go there also, but just to take pics haha! (not that there's anything wrong with going there for another reason)

082-1.jpg

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #1,026 of 1,784
index_html_2c4e8f8.jpg

Bad scan from a few years ago, but I haven't found the original yet.

I've always loved this photo for the memory it invokes for me. Taken after a very rainy day of canoeing through Algonquin park in Ontario. Reflection in the water of a spectacular sunset during light rain. Shutter speed was 1/30 or so, giving a painted look.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #1,029 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
index_html_2c4e8f8.jpg

Bad scan from a few years ago, but I haven't found the original yet.

I've always loved this photo for the memory it invokes for me. Taken after a very rainy day of canoeing through Algonquin park in Ontario. Reflection in the water of a spectacular sunset during light rain. Shutter speed was 1/30 or so, giving a painted look.

I think it looks pretty cool, although the scan is not that good. Gives a dreamy effect like this. Nice!

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #1,030 of 1,784
Does anyone know where I can find a bigger version of this image? It's someones avatar from the forums, I sent him a PM awhile ago and never got a response. I'd like to find a bigger version to use as wallpaper. I don't really wanna recreate it for fear of copyright laws.
image.php

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #1,031 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where I can find a bigger version of this image? It's someones avatar from the forums, I sent him a PM awhile ago and never got a response. I'd like to find a bigger version to use as wallpaper. I don't really wanna recreate it for fear of copyright laws.
image.php

...Adult-Fi ??

tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #1,032 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
image.php

Best post ever.

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #1,034 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keeping up with the bee theme:

A lot of these shots are really, really old. I'm sitting here patiently waiting for the snow to go away and macro season to come around once again.

Jesus man, not to niggle but do you ever do any NON macro photography? It's really worth it...
blink.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #1,035 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus man, not to niggle but do you ever do any NON macro photography? It's really worth it...
blink.gif

Have you actually read the title of the thread.

Why do people qualify statements like the one above with "not to niggle". Quit being a ***** and just PM him and say you don't like it. Otherwise, POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY HERE!.

I post mostly macro as well. Please PM me your complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back