I can't image what this building is like inside
Shrewsbury05.jpg

Shrewsbury01.jpg

Oxford01.jpg

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #1,039 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love all the green in the last one.

I've never been to Ireland, but it must be something if it's greener than England.

That's a court yard in one of the colleges at Oxford. A heavy rain storm had just finished. I think some of the best light I've ever seen is either just before or just after a storm.

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #1,040 of 1,784
Since we're on a travel theme...here's a few from Vienna. Taken with a point and shoot: Sony DSC F717

vienna01.jpg

vienna02.jpg

vienna03.jpg

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #1,041 of 1,784
Here are just a couple random ones from our trip to Chicago this past weekend:

chicago1.jpg

chicago2.jpg

chicago3.jpg

chicago5.jpg

chicago4.jpg

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #1,042 of 1,784
First shots of my home made lightbox.....had to shoot with a point and shoot so that I could have both my Canon 5D and AE-1 morphing in one shot. Needless to say there's some photoshop in there
icon10.gif

cameras.jpg

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #1,043 of 1,784
The softbox looks like it works ok but it I think you need a little more light on the front. Make sure you don't pick up too much of the softbox's surface texture...further elimination of shadows will help. Also, watch your WB.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #1,044 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The softbox looks like it works ok but it I think you need a little more light on the front. Make sure you don't pick up too much of the softbox's surface texture...further elimination of shadows will help. Also, watch your WB.

There's only so much I can do with a point and shoot: no WB control, and only had its aperture priority....so couldn't expose it more to get more from the front flash....it was have an interesting composition, or just a boring old nicely exposed digital picture from my Canon
biggrin.gif
But I am going to shoot some more lightbox photos with my Canon.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #1,045 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's only so much I can do with a point and shoot: no WB control, and only had its aperture priority....so couldn't expose it more to get more from the front flash....it was have an interesting composition, or just a boring old nicely exposed digital picture from my Canon
biggrin.gif
But I am going to shoot some more lightbox photos with my Canon.

Shoot something interesting and post it...I want to see how your lightbox works at its best.

For product photography I just lay out some posterboard for a white background and bounce the flash off the ceiling. I have very high ceilings in my room so the lighting gets scary even.

580-1.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

I've always thought about making my own lightbox but my method seems to work well enough for me and I'm lazy as hell so...

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #1,047 of 1,784
Quote:

Shoot something interesting and post it...I want to see how your lightbox works at its best.

Will do! My lightbox is a cutout cardboard box with markerpaper as diffusing material (so it is probably giving the white just a slight purple tint there). I've got two 600W worklamps on either side of the box. Well my Canon 580EX with Gary Fong diffuser should spread out some more light in the front when I do some proper shots. I wonder which headphone I should start off with first
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I'll have some photos up soon.

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #1,048 of 1,784
Quote:

For product photography I just lay out some posterboard for a white background and bounce the flash off the ceiling. I have very high ceilings in my room so the lighting gets scary even.

[IM]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/Mrvile/My%20Cans/580-1.jpg[/IM]

[IM]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/Mrvile/My%20Cans/IMG_8207.jpg[/IM]

I've always thought about making my own lightbox but my method seems to work well enough for me and I'm lazy as hell so...

DAMN, that are some nice equipment shots.

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #1,049 of 1,784
OK...as promised, here's some real lightbox shots taken with my Canon:

headphone.jpg

headphone2.jpg

canon.jpg

lens1.jpg

lens2.jpg

lens3.jpg

glass1.jpg

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

Is it just me, or is this site's white not pure white?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back