Post your Photography Here!
Mar 4, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #706 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
click me to see a bigger pic!

i was at a bar one night, and they happened to be setting the bar ablaze. Me being a firefighter, i just had to snap a pic with my phone
rs1smile.gif

Ehhhhhhh......where are you uploading your pics to??
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #709 of 1,784
Photo for the moment:

flower1.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #711 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took almost 20 shots in burst mode to get this 1 picture, of a series of 3 shots (as in right after the drop fell) that had nice sharp focus, and had just one drop exposed! Being that the camera couldn't autofocus quickly enough (I was shooting at 1/2500th of a sec.) I had to work in manual mode, so there was quite a bit of fiddling involved. I have a D50, so is there a way to get it to autofocus in a situation like this, maybe some sort of menu setting to change focus area? Oh, and this was taken with the kit lens.

DSC_0522.png

Lovely shot
smily_headphones1.gif

You're using a DSLR, they are built for manual operation. Ok, they should, if Nikon etc. wouldn't be such cheapskates and target their cameras at beginners. They should use good viewfinders, bright, big ones, and with these support glasses. My Nikon FM2 was lovely, great to focus manually, very precise and quick. Anyway... on my little Canon I would focus on the red thing, and then press the manual focus/makro button to keep that setting. Your Nikon should have something similar. Only works if you can keep the distance the same though. You should have continous focus on your camera, though I don't know if the thing in focus will have to be in the center or not... if yes you will have to crop later to get to the composition you actually wanted.
That's the way I would work.

Nice photos oic929, I love the second.

@comfortably numb: Wonderful
smily_headphones1.gif
I like Holgas. The quality of the photos is pretty good though... works, but IMHO a bit strange for a Holga.

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #713 of 1,784
First try at an HDR image using some bracketed images from a couple years ago and Photoshop's HDR tool - not the best test images, but the result was better than I expected:
hdr03.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #714 of 1,784
Devwild, when you do an HDR image, you're going to have to do a lot of postprocessing to make it look at least a little bit natural. Straight out of Photoshop's Merge tool, the image will have very little contrast and will look pretty washed out (which is a good thing, it preserves the most detail). Run it through several layers of Levels, Curves, or whatever you normally use to alter contrast.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #716 of 1,784
3 photos of one of our other cats, hope you like 'em:

harjan1ps0.jpg

harjan2dy4.jpg

harjan3zz9.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #717 of 1,784
Quote:

Since it takes so much time in uploading this stuff, my site works faster:
http://www.contrastique.com

Oh my god, I was considering to study photography next year, but now I have my doubts if I am good enough. You really have talent. Incredible photos.

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #719 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Devwild, when you do an HDR image, you're going to have to do a lot of postprocessing to make it look at least a little bit natural. Straight out of Photoshop's Merge tool, the image will have very little contrast and will look pretty washed out (which is a good thing, it preserves the most detail). Run it through several layers of Levels, Curves, or whatever you normally use to alter contrast.

I did actually, and I think the end result is a natural result, and far better that the original images (and better than my original hand composition of the exposures). The contrast of the above image is a bit deceptive as you have to realize it was shot through a hotel room window and a fair distance of city-haze. I also only had +/-1 EV images to work with. It was just a test because I hadn't done it before. In any case, I like it
smily_headphones1.gif

This is a wider angle while the sun was higher (also HDR):
hdr02.jpg

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #720 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aww dzjudz i love the third one! the paws!!! ('-' )

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back