Post your Photography Here!
Mar 2, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #693 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the coolest cloud formation ever! It's a pirate ship...
blink.gif

Goodbye_sky_edit.jpg

3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif

Yeah, now I'm hungry
frown.gif

@hudsong: Love the photos. The b&w looks gorgeous, especially on the last 2 photos.

@SirVesseur: Cool
smily_headphones1.gif
Very cool.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #695 of 1,784
Cool, very cool BigSurSpoon. Long time ago I developed myself too, in school. Pretty nice. Had a Nikon FM2, wonderful thing.
frown.gif

Nowadays I'm shooting with an old Canon PowerShot A60 (2 MP, 3x optical zoom, from 2003 or 2004...).

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #697 of 1,784
I got some questions for the film SLR peeps.

-Where should i go for quality prints?
-what film should i use?
-forum for SLRs?

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #699 of 1,784
Here's a stupid one I took when I was testing out a lens...man I hate squirrels:

squirril1.jpg

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #700 of 1,784
It took almost 20 shots in burst mode to get this 1 picture, of a series of 3 shots (as in right after the drop fell) that had nice sharp focus, and had just one drop exposed! Being that the camera couldn't autofocus quickly enough (I was shooting at 1/2500th of a sec.) I had to work in manual mode, so there was quite a bit of fiddling involved. I have a D50, so is there a way to get it to autofocus in a situation like this, maybe some sort of menu setting to change focus area? Oh, and this was taken with the kit lens.

DSC_0522.png

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #701 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took almost 20 shots in burst mode to get this 1 picture, of a series of 3 shots (as in right after the drop fell) that had nice sharp focus, and had just one drop exposed! Being that the camera couldn't autofocus quickly enough (I was shooting at 1/2500th of a sec.) I had to work in manual mode, so there was quite a bit of fiddling involved. I have a D50, so is there a way to get it to autofocus in a situation like this, maybe some sort of menu setting to change focus area? Oh, and this was taken with the kit lens.

DSC_0522.png

Very nice, I like the simplicity of this shot.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #704 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DSC_0522.png

your shutter speed has nothing to do with your camera's ability to AF. Also, once you push the shutter button down halfway to focus, it shoudl stay locked if you're using af-s. were you using af-c? Anyways, an easy way to do it would have been to use a tripod, focus on the spout, switch to manual, and just click away. No easy way to get the right number of droplets though. Anyway, gj!

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #705 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
click me to see a bigger pic!

i was at a bar one night, and they happened to be setting the bar ablaze. Me being a firefighter, i just had to snap a pic with my phone
rs1smile.gif

Lovin' the worksafe site you uploaded on. Hehehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back