Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #11,266 of 15,743
^nice! I like the last one most.

If you ever happen to visit HK again (and want to shoot some more birdy pictures), be sure to visit the New Territories or the larg parks on the Peak. The wildlife there is pretty interesting! Almost stumbled into the web of a spider that was clearly too big for my liking....Oh and stay away from the apes in the New Territories.

I have a family house in the New Territories. The light wasn't great while I was taking photos there however. I've been up the peaks(literally behind my house) on the hiking trails a few times.

X2. My favorite one is bird #4 :)

Lol. The turtle. :p

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #11,269 of 15,743
I can no longer post my flickr photos here.  The "source" button is gone from the Reply box, which used to enable just pasting html code from flickr.  When I use the "insert photo" button and try to paste in the flickr link to "image url," it does not work.  What am I missing?

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #11,272 of 15,743

6400×3840 Resolution

Last Raw Fractal I will post as they are really not photographs. Someday there may be a merger but not yet.

Click on and open in new tab to see high resolution. 56K warning. 9.30mb

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679791/welcome-to-fractal-art/15#post_9778236

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #11,276 of 15,743
James you seem having a good time hiking. I used to hike along muddy trails crossing multiple streams to get some shots for waterfalls here in Hawaii. It was fun and tiring as well.

Nice shots, my favorite #3.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #11,277 of 15,743
I can't believe I've never posted here.

An artistic shot of a nearby edifice. 

The sky from my balcony early one morning.

At a local temple.

A few more of the latter on Flickr.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #11,278 of 15,743
Welcome to the club Currawong!! I wonder what drew you to this thread :wink:

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #11,280 of 15,743
  James you seem having a good time hiking. I used to hike along muddy trails crossing multiple streams to get some shots for waterfalls here in Hawaii. It was fun and tiring as well.

Nice shots, my favorite #3.

Thanks! Yes, this has become a favorite morning sports / pastime for me lately. Short climbs only, one hour up, half an hour down or so, just to stay in shape. Only have my tiny Fuji with me, as I don't even take a backpack.

I imagine your hikes were more like Art Wolfe's and you'd have needed two Sherpas for the photo gear.
wink.gif

@Currawong: Great view from your balcony!

Panamakade, Zeeburg, Amsterdam.

Ha, I spotted a similarly sharp angled house here in Vienna a few days ago. For some reason the scene looked a bit surreal imo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back