Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 15, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #106 of 15,743
large.jpg

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #109 of 15,743
1. Please limit each post to only FOUR (4) images at a time. If you have more than four images, you can display them in a new post.
2. Please keep any images you post no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. If an image must be viewed at a larger size (such as a panorama), please use a thumbnail to link the image.
3. Please do not quote other peoples' images. If you want to comment on someone's image, quote them but delete the image URL.

Not my suggestion, but it makes perfect sense.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #110 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Please limit each post to only FOUR (4) images at a time. If you have more than four images, you can display them in a new post.
2. Please keep any images you post no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. If an image must be viewed at a larger size (such as a panorama), please use a thumbnail to link the image.
3. Please do not quote other peoples' images. If you want to comment on someone's image, quote them but delete the image URL.

Not my suggestion, but it makes perfect sense.

You are going to have a lot of fun moderating this thread. How many people are going to read the first post as this thread gets longer and longer? Despite the objection(s) to the old thread, it remained very popular.

Can we start a "fast internet connections only" thread to get past some of these rules?

On the other hand, the mod reciting of the rules every few posts will only serve to push this thread up and make it even more popular.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Head-Fi has to host all of this bandwidth on it's servers and it taxes the system

If this is the case, we need to start another "post the last thing you bought" thread, "post pics of your headphone set up and listening area", "Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!", etc... where this practice takes place all the time.

Why does this one thread get this particular treatment?

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #111 of 15,743
Becaused it was spawned off another thread that had these problems. The others weren't.

Quote:

On the other hand, the mod reciting of the rules every few posts will only serve to push this thread up and make it even more popular.

It should be popular. It's a great thread for people who are into fine components, whether they be headphones, watches, or photography.

Back on topic.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #113 of 15,743
Quote:

Back on topic.

It seems like half the posts in this thread are on the topic of the special rules, so I never felt like I was taking it off topic. The original post is about the rules, as well.

Quote:

Becaused it was spawned off another thread that had these problems.

My point was that the practice of quoting a pic is being done all over this website and we picked this one thread to crack down on. As you pointed out, it is being done in a lot more threads than the three I mentioned.

My problem with this rule is that if someone sees something on page 2 that catches their eye and they want to know what lens was used or how they got the shot, they cannot post the picture in their question (which would be necessary if we are on page 45 at the time). I understand your point about quoting a shot and saying "nice", but once again, it is common practice on this forum. I will follow the rules, but it is very confusing to those that quote a picture in a dozen other threads without any ramifications and they can't do that here.

Anyway, back to the photos...

I love the squirrel shot above! Up close and personal!

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #116 of 15,743

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #118 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the squirrel shot above! Up close and personal!

Squirrel portraits are always fun. They always make such cooperative subjects
biggrin.gif

squirrilportrait.jpg

immtbiker - I'm sure you know that you aren't obligated to police this thread, but I just want to thank you for going out of your way to do so anyway. It's unfortunate that some people feel so strongly against a few simple rules to help the thread run smoother, and it's sad that some of those people happen to be some of the forum's best photographers. Oh well, the thread is still running quite well and I'm just glad so many others seem to agree with the system.

Cheers everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #119 of 15,743
Does anyone know how to post pics from flickr on here? Is it possible? I'd like to share some of my stuff, but I'm pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like this, thanks!

Here's my website for now: www.ryanmason.com

And the link to my page at the Pentax Photo Gallery: www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ryanmason.

Enjoy, and please let me know what you guys think!

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #120 of 15,743
Mr Moose. PM me and I will explain to you how to post pictures from a picture hosting site into a Head-Fi post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back