Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 13, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #91 of 15,743
large.jpg

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #92 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my goodness beerguy0, I love your cat!
It's soo cute looking! And what lovely colors!!!

Great pictures by the way. I especially like this one for the sharp detail and cool scene.

Thanks, Towert. He is a cutie, isn't he? He is also very photogenic. I have yet to take a bad shot of him. I think this shot is a touch over sharpened, but I do like this one a lot.

This one was taken the day we brought him home from the shelter. Still one of my favorite pics of him. I still use this as my wallpaper on my home PC.

(Taken with my Canon Pro 1)

27684854-L.jpg

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #93 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what setting did you use with the point and shoot to get the wing in focus?

USG

I think I used manual mode with flash off, automatic metering, and spot focus.

Beerguy: nice shots, loving the sharpness.
eek.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #94 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eek.gif

Thanks for answering....

Do you have manual focus on your point and shoot??

USG

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #95 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eek.gif

Thanks. Most of my smugmug images are unsharpened. I find that if I sharpen them they tend to look over sharpened when viewed, especially on LCDs. (I use CRTs at home.) Of the cat pics, only the one of Cosmo in the wrapping paper is sharpened.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #96 of 15,743
artskool.jpg

Art school.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #97 of 15,743
By Agnostic:
a25a0963eb.jpg

Agnostic, I saw that last pic and instantly thought about how it would look if the man were in silhouette. I have taken the liberty of bumping up the contrast and fiddling with the levels to try and get that look. There is some macroblocking, but iPhoto doesn't give you the control that photoshop allows.

I think it adds a bit of 'surrealness' to the image, like the birds are flying into the white nothingness and the man is looking on. I hope you like it, and I'll take this down lightning quick if you have any objections, Just pm me.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #98 of 15,743
OMG. That's just gorgeous...

Just shows what a little fiddling can get you.
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #99 of 15,743
It's annoying when some choose to not follow the rules of the thread and quote with photos.

vagarach, you're an exception... nice editing on the silhouette!

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #101 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's annoying when some choose to not follow the rules of the thread and quote with photos.

Thanks for telling us mb3k, now would you mind telling us WHY that rule is useful? For as we all know, A useless rule should not be put in place.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #102 of 15,743
Towert7,
It's useful and half the reason because the purpose of starting this second thread was because it's annoying to have to scroll left and right to read a post because there is one oversized picture on the page.
Also, when reading the newer posts, even with a high speed connection, the page keeps jumping when it loads each picture and you have to keep finding your place.
So, the original picture is good enough and if you want to quote or comment to someone, just preface it with their name.

There are many annoying posts, especially in Meet Impressions threads, when someone copies a post with 10 pictures in it and then says "Excellent" or some other 1-3 word comment.

Head-Fi has to host all of this bandwidth on it's servers and it taxes the system. That's also why conversation is limited in the "For Sale" forums.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #104 of 15,743
Sleestack, Bozebuttons, and Wmcmanus with an Atom at the 2007 National (Wayne's has different options):

Fab_Four.jpg

My bike on a beautiful Fall day:

FirstCruise9.JPG

Stax Frog:

Stax_Headphones.jpg

April Scotch and Brownies apres meet party:

NYC_Meet_Nov_05_Scotchfest.jpg

P.S.- I know these pictures don't hold a candle to the beautiful images portrayed in this thread, but it is a "post your photography" thread.

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #105 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S.- I know these pictures don't hold a candle to the beautiful images portrayed in this thread, but it is a "post your photography" thread.

I wanna back this up. I hope cats don't think of this as a place that demands museum quality stuff. I like people's snap shots just as much as the other stuff (which is often truly fantastic).

Edit: Mcmanus is cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back