Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #12,814 of 15,743
Never got into airsoft. Used to play the heck out of paintball though. Got way too expensive to play, especially playing on a team. I have pics of most of my markers I've had but just snap shots. This is the only picture I have that's kinda photographic if you know what I mean. It was taken many years ago....

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #12,816 of 15,743
First one supposed to be upside down?

Second one I like the idea but the OOF tree in the foreground really grabs and fights for my attention. Also the branch that cuts her in half is bothersome.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #12,817 of 15,743
A couple recent-ish shots. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #12,819 of 15,743
Who prints at home? What printer are you using? Thinking about setting up a personal photography studio and I'm trying to decide if it's worth printing my own stuff. I'm not doing it for money or anything like that. Just for me and possibly to do a show now and then. If something sells, great, but I'm not really trying to make a point to sell stuff right now or do portraits or anything like that. And by studio I don't mean a place for people to come for family pics or portraits. I mean a really small room in my house where I'm setting up a table for mounting photos, cutting mats, framing, setting up a computer solely for post processing, a place to hang some of my work that's not on the walls in the rest of the house....ect. Hoping this year we'll be able to get into a new house that will have an unfinished basement and my plans are to build a nice area for me to do all this. Right now the space I have is really more or less an unused walk-in closet but it's big enough to do what I want and gives me a place to get all my photography stuff out of the way which is what I think my wife was really wanting out of the whole deal when she suggested I do this in that space...lol

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #12,820 of 15,743
I do my gallery prints at home, using an epson 3880 (and a variety of papers). I really like this printer.

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #12,822 of 15,743
  I do my gallery prints at home, using an epson 3880 (and a variety of papers). I really like this printer.

Ouch...looks like a very nice printer for sure but I'm definitely looking for a <$1200 solution....lol...now maybe if I was showing/selling more stuff than I plan on it would be worth the price for me. But like I said, right now I'm looking more towards a couple local gallery hangings, maybe a judged hanging once in awhile and perhaps selling if someone is interested but not really actively selling.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #12,823 of 15,743
  First one supposed to be upside down?

Second one I like the idea but the OOF tree in the foreground really grabs and fights for my attention. Also the branch that cuts her in half is bothersome.

Upside down makes it a lot more interesting imo.

I like the idea of slightly irritating details that prevent a picture from being "too perfect".

That is really cool.

X2

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #12,824 of 15,743

Upside down makes it a lot more interesting imo.

I like the idea of slightly irritating details that prevent a picture from being "too perfect".

X2

For me there's a difference between being not too perfect and just a pain to try and look at. I can't look at the second one. That OOF tree really bothers me. I'm not saying that to be overly critical. It's just that I try to look at the focal point of the picture, the girl, but my eye wants to look at the tree and try to get it in focus. Just makes it uncomfortable to look at. It's weird. Maybe if that tree was further over and acted more like a framing element, but smack dab in the middle, just doesn't work for me. But that's just me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back