Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #11,087 of 15,743
Quote:
Speechless, pm me the location so I can visit if I ever headed to HI.

Kakaako Waterfront Park, Oahu, Hawaii. PM me when you get to Hawaii and I will take you to that spot.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the comments!
No, it's one exposure, but it is tone-mapped in the B&W conversion (Silver Efex), which is why the light "halo" around the building is more pronounced that I usually like - but I like the dramatic look here. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 All the detail is there in the one exposure. I could get a similar detail more subtly with light masks. 

Nik has some cool filters, that B&W looks really good. I normally put on a physical filter to avoid direct shoot into the sun.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #11,091 of 15,743
Quote:

I'm really liking that Samyang 14mm lens!  Sometimes geometric wide angle "distortions" can make the shot, like that church..

It's not a church actually, it's the vista house in the columbia river gorge. Thanks for the comment. 
wink.gif

Very nice Jon! What was the shutter speed on the water shots?

I think you are looking at my photos quoted by Jon? Both exposures were a bit over a second. I took a number of exposures and just picked my favorites, but depending on water flow anything from 1/5 to 3 seconds (or longer) can work well for these type of shots. Just depends on the speed, distance, and look you are going for. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #11,092 of 15,743

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #11,093 of 15,743
It's not a church actually, it's the vista house in the columbia river gorge. Thanks for the comment. 
wink.gif

I think you are looking at my photos quoted by Jon? Both exposures were a bit over a second. I took a number of exposures and just picked my favorites, but depending on water flow anything from 1/5 to 3 seconds (or longer) can work well for these type of shots. Just depends on the speed, distance, and look you are going for. 

Yes - sorry! Credit where it's due - I have tried shots like that, but I never seem to get it quite right.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #11,097 of 15,743
Not exactly the same idea that others have been posting on here but considering the crowd I thought these pics would interest you all. You have to be impressed with how far technology is advancing. More pics can be found HERE. So close up the human eye almost appears inhuman doesn't it?

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #11,100 of 15,743
Quote:
Wink - Very eye-pleasing shots and love that bird.

Jon and DF - Great micros. I really need to get a decent micro lens and try some shots.

Getting that close is probably very hard. Either a super macro lens or extension tubes and something crazy like a 50mm. I can't read the exif. Anyway, impressive work, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back