Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #11,056 of 15,743
Quote:
I rented the Zeiss before, after taking over 500 shots, I like it more than my 85 f1.4G. The only issue I have is it's narrow DOF and manual focus, not so great with kids but perfect for model and product shoots.

Did you try the 100/2 or the 85/1,4? I've not tried any version of the 85. The only thing I don't really like about Zeiss lenses is how big they are. Huge. Even ZM lenses are massive. The old Contax I, II, and III lenses are small, but somehow, in the intervening years, their rangefinder and SLR lenses massened up. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #11,057 of 15,743
Quote:
Did you try the 100/2 or the 85/1,4? I've not tried any version of the 85. The only thing I don't really like about Zeiss lenses is how big they are. Huge. Even ZM lenses are massive. The old Contax I, II, and III lenses are small, but somehow, in the intervening years, their rangefinder and SLR lenses massened up. 

The 100/2, never tried the 85/1.4 myself too.   Agree on how big they are but it fits my big hands perfectly fine and I don't walk around with it.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #11,062 of 15,743

I like this shot. Not perfectly executed, but you get what I was trying to do :D

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #11,063 of 15,743
Quote:
What makes you decide on Subaru over Scion?  All my friends got the Scion version.

I think it depends on which dealers you have a relationship with for discounts and maintenance service. My parents have a Toyota mini-van, so my brother got a Scion through the sales rep my Dad knew, and in this case, also priority service - the first black unit arrived at their dealership last year and my Dad/Brother were first on the salesman's call list. We were there the next morning and my brother walked out of there poorer but happier. Also, a friend owns an Impreza and an Outback, and obviously he got a BRZ.

For me, well...I just wish Mazda would make a new RX car
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #11,065 of 15,743
Quote:
I like this shot. Not perfectly executed, but you get what I was trying to do :D

Cool down the cam?
wink.gif

Quote:
Someone needs to clean that bird's s**t. LOL.

Not sure if it's bird s**t. The figure's part of a fountain, so that probably would wash off. Maybe it's just the marks that time and the elements left on the stone.

Here's a color shot of of the same figure (click to enlarge):

Quote:

B&W is perfect for this shot. Very nice.

Quote:
This is killer!

Thanks! Considering it's from a tiny Fuji P&S, I'm very pleased with the result.
smile_phones.gif

That said, there is one issue with that cam, and maybe someone here can help shed a light on it?

Two test shots (200% crops), taken only 10 seconds apart. The first one's darker and clean, the second one's a bit brighter and has lots of dark pixels everywhere.

I've seen hot pixels and dirty sensors, but never anything like this.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #11,066 of 15,743
Check the EXIF data and I bet you the second one had a higher ISO value. Shooting in manual is so much better than auto.

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #11,068 of 15,743
Quote:
Check the EXIF data and I bet you the second one had a higher ISO value. Shooting in manual is so much better than auto.

Quote:
Did you shoot those in small aperture? I noticed dust on my camera too if I shoot at 8 and smaller aperture.

Same aperture and ISO is 100 vs 125. Not sure why 125 would pose a problem? (Btw, I can limit auto ISO on this cam)

Edit: Sensor dust would always be visible in the same locations. These dark pixels seem to show up at random in brighter areas of my pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back