Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #10,966 of 15,760
Quote:
Quote:
Can't agree any more on tripod. A sturdy and quality tripod is a must for landscape shots.

Here is a shot from the park near where I live. I have practiced many many shots here for sunsets and this spot is my favorite.

I probably should have cropped some of the sky.

That is a beautiful shot.  One of the perks of living in Hawaii is all the spectacular sights, right? 

I bet. Living in the 'burbs of north-east texas doesn't provide much scenery to shoot.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #10,969 of 15,760

Focal Length 24mm
Shutter Speed 1/2 secs
Aperture f/22
ISO/Film 250

Focal Length 17mm
Shutter Speed 1/4000 secs
Aperture f/2.8
ISO/Film 100

Focal Length 50mm
Shutter Speed 1/5000 secs
Aperture f/2.8
ISO/Film 250

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #10,970 of 15,760
Quote:
If this is what God has created, imagine how he would be.....just great, just great.
In the end we are only capturing his work , GOD BLESS YOU.

Thanks. The beauty of nature is sometimes overlooked until you see the pics.

Quote:
Must...resist...starting religious debate!

I really really like your photos DMinor, do you have a Flickr account or something like this?
Would be a shame if your photos would just lie around on your harddrive :wink:

Thanks and here you go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33415843@N06/

I have not added any shots to my flickr for a long time, thanks to the head-fi.

Quote:

That is a beautiful shot.  One of the perks of living in Hawaii is all the spectacular sights, right? 

Thanks. Yeah it won't hurt living in Hawaii when it comes to seascape photography.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I bet. Living in the 'burbs of north-east texas doesn't provide much scenery to shoot.

Good thing is you guys can drive to other places or states to find some scenery.

Quote:
Schoenbrunn Gardens, time stands still.

Nice processing and I love the mood James. It does bring us back to the old days.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #10,971 of 15,760
Here are some shots for my gecko friends. Love the color. I used to go to a local botanical garden over the weekend to visit these friends. They were always friendly with me.

These were shot with my first ever bought digital camera, the SONY Cybershot DSC-S75. I still have the camera somewhere around the house and that Carl Zeiss lens is a really good lens.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #10,972 of 15,760
Yeah, the upper end Sony P&S cameras are really nice. Great pics!

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #10,974 of 15,760
So, my suburb 'landscape' shot idea is going to require me to wake up at 6:00 am to shoot the sunrise.... It'll hopefully be worth it.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #10,975 of 15,760
Quote:
So, my suburb 'landscape' shot idea is going to require me to wake up at 6:00 am to shoot the sunrise.... It'll hopefully be worth it.

Good luck!
Get in the right mood with this nice song :wink:

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #10,976 of 15,760
Every time I have tried to get a sunrise shot over the ocean, I wake up at o'dark-thirty and when I get to the picture spot, it's foggy and dreary - can't even see the sun! After doing that a few times, I decided to stick with sunsets. Oh well, it's one of the downsides of being near the beach.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #10,977 of 15,760
You guy's will see why i'm going for sunrise and not sunset...

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #10,978 of 15,760
Quote:
Nice processing and I love the mood James. It does bring us back to the old days.

This garden is something of an anchor point in my life. A retreat that hasn't changed since the time when my mother took me there as a kid. Guess it will still be the same when I'm the age of the lady in the picture.

Quote:
Here are some shots for my gecko friends. Love the color. I used to go to a local botanical garden over the weekend to visit these friends. They were always friendly with me.

These were shot with my first ever bought digital camera, the SONY Cybershot DSC-S75. I still have the camera somewhere around the house and that Carl Zeiss lens is a really good lens.

Love the color too, great shots.

Serious photographers tend to dismiss P&Ss , but I've been getting some very nice shots out of them over time. The above Schoenbrunn pic was also done with a P&S.

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #10,979 of 15,760
This garden is something of an anchor point in my life. A retreat that hasn't changed since the time when my mother took me there as a kid. Guess it will still be the same when I'm the age of the lady in the picture.

That was rather poetic, James. I have a few places like that too.

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #10,980 of 15,760
Quote:

It doesn't need to be "great" or "artsy" to be posted here. What REALLY matters is the one who took the pics enjoyed taking those pics and enjoys refreshing those moments. Don't discourage people from posting here. 

BINGO !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back