Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #10,923 of 15,770
@ayaflo, most of the people post here are not professional photographer, there is no need to be harsh or calling people out. There are not a lot of JonL and james444 out there that take amazing pictures.

EDIT: if you don't like what you are seeing, just keep on moving.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #10,924 of 15,770
Quote:
If I run back a couple of pages, I see lotsa pics from ahorsenamedjeff and very few from james444.
But after viewing them, I only remember those from james444 as it hits a certain spot for me - a certain originality. That is exactly what I mean by artsy... . I am not any critic nor am I qualified to be. I am just telling that what ahorsenamedjeff has put up has already been tried and bettered by very many across the web. I think the subject of the photograph is the usually underestimated and composition of the same is often a hard task.

While I'm glad that you like my pics, I think you're misjudging the spirit of this thread. What I like about participating here is that it's more like a club that you can drop in if you feel like it, be it because you just want to look around or because you're in the mood to share some stuff. You'll always feel welcome and among like-minded people.

This thread is probably as furthest from a pissing contest as you can imagine, and it's pretty much the last thing I'd choose if I wanted to get ahead through competition. Just my 2c, no offense meant.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #10,925 of 15,770
New rule for this thread: Only post photos that have been awarded with at least a National Geographic award.
:wink:

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #10,927 of 15,770
Rescued from the pound.

Very nice, I see from your pics you are addicted to very narrow DOF.

It looks great in many circumstances, but in this shot I would've used a bigger F number because it seems like with the depth of the dogs face, that not enough is in focus :) great picture though.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #10,929 of 15,770
It looks great in many circumstances, but in this shot I would've used a bigger F number because it seems like with the depth of the dogs face, that not enough is in focus :) great picture though.

I disagree, it look great as it.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #10,931 of 15,770
Quote:
Love Guam but it wasn't look like this when I visited 20 years ago.

Yeah things changed a lot on Guam in the 20 yrs. It's a small island. I remember the first time I drove around the island without a map, and it didn't take very long to drove back to where I started.

Here is another one of Guam.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #10,932 of 15,770
Quote:
Very nice shot for the water fall. Did you use any filters?

Only the digital kind
wink.gif
Glad you like it, though. In point of fact there isn't very much touching up in that one - it came out pretty much like that. It is focus-stacked, however - I artificially increased the depth of field using three different images.I should have done a fourth one for the water at the bottom, but oh well.

Jon L: How adorable! I like the depth of field the way it is, but that's hardly surprising considering how I like my wildlife photography.

And now for another one from me: Miner's Fall, a large and impressive waterfall near Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
db77a04c_2013_PicRoc_03.jpeg

And while I'm at it, a quick opinion poll among the Head-Fi'ers of the thread: Is the blurry branch in the lower left distracting, or easy to ignore? I personally find it quite easy to ignore, but I've had varied opinions from other people.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #10,934 of 15,770
Yeah things changed a lot on Guam in the 20 yrs. It's a small island. I remember the first time I drove around the island without a map, and it didn't take very long to drove back to where I started.

Here is another one of Guam.

Is that a 20mm lens you are using?

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #10,935 of 15,770
Quote:

And now for another one from me: Miner's Fall, a large and impressive waterfall near Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.

And while I'm at it, a quick opinion poll among the Head-Fi'ers of the thread: Is the blurry branch in the lower left distracting, or easy to ignore? I personally find it quite easy to ignore, but I've had varied opinions from other people.

Actually I would probably have ignored it if not mentioned by you.

Quote:
Is that a 20mm lens you are using?

It's a 17mm-40mm lens and I believe it was shot at 17mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back