Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #10,163 of 15,770
Quote:
Sony announces full-frame mirrorless camera RX1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahYRjX7kLA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

That is a cool camera. It will be cool to see the photos it takes. Is that a 35mm lens then?

I like the new Fuji  X Pro 1 full frame mirorless    16 meg ...................................as it can use any old Leica, Pentax and Nikon lens you have laying around, and is full frame as well. Much bigger though! Almost seems like Sony is going for the same market share even though they are different? These are back-up pro-cameras.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #10,164 of 15,770

I like the new Fuji  X Pro 1 full frame mirorless    16 meg ...................................as it can use any old Leica, Pentax and Nikon lens you have laying around, and is full frame as well. Much bigger though! Almost seems like Sony is going for the same market share even though they are different? These are back-up pro-cameras.

I love the X-Pro 1, it isn't full frame though. It's APS-C (1.5/1.6 crop) - same as my Nex 7 - which is also brilliant with my old rangefinder glass. 

If the new Sony had interchangeable lenses and an EVF, I'd buy it. Though that 35/2 is pretty sweet, and honestly would probably live on there most of the time anyway. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #10,165 of 15,770
Yeah, if the X-Pro 1 (or the new X--E1) were full frame, I would have bought it already. The Zeiss 35 f/2 fixed lens should be good, but I am looking at my Canon 35mm f/1.4L and wish I could use it. But then Canon already spoiled our full frame hopes with the EOS-M announcement. Just can't get the big WIN for us Canon lens hoarders.

Anyway, here's a full frame shot.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #10,166 of 15,770
Quote:
Yeah, if the X-Pro 1 (or the new X--E1) were full frame, I would have bought it already. The Zeiss 35 f/2 fixed lens should be good, but I am looking at my Canon 35mm f/1.4L and wish I could use it. But then Canon already spoiled our full frame hopes with the EOS-M announcement. Just can't get the big WIN for us Canon lens hoarders.

Anyway, here's a full frame shot.

If it wasn't obvious from the photos I'm loving my X-Pro 1, and looking forward to next week's firmware update. I don't mind that it's not full frame, being a new system anyways. The excellent lenses make up for it. The only problem is not being able to properly utilize FF ultra wide angle lenses from other systems. I'm anxious to see how Fuji's 14mm will perform.

For the Sony the fixed lens is just crippling to me at that price. It's a curse to have that good/expensive of a sensor and not be able to put different glass in front of it.

As for the EOS-M, I don't really feel like that's Canon's serious entry into mirrorless - they are gearing it too tightly towards video. We may still see a FF mirrorless from them, but it's going to still be a couple years, after they've refreshed their lenses for size and performance on a contrast-detect / hybrid focus system.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #10,167 of 15,770
http://www.flickr.com/groups/xpro/discuss/72157629462041282/

An amazing plethora of glass they throw on the front of the X-Pro 1. 
eek.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #10,168 of 15,770
the XE-1 and the new Sony Nex 6 both look pretty amazing. Almost make me regret getting the Nex 7... 

Almost. 

Redcarmoose - I love the flexibility of short throw mounts like the X-Pro (and Nex)... I've been using vintage LTM glass from the 50s, M glass from the 70s, Newer M-glass, FD/FL Canon glass, and old AI Nikon glass on this thing... lots of fun. My favorite lenses on it are an early 60s 35mm f1.8 canon LTM rangefinder lens, and a Cosina/Voightlander 21mm LTM rangefinder lens - they are so tiny and sharp!

If I could find a 24/25mm f2/2.8 rangefinder lens that didn't cost a grand, I'd be in heaven. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #10,169 of 15,770
Quote:
the XE-1 and the new Sony Nex 6 both look pretty amazing. Almost make me regret getting the Nex 7... 

Almost. 

Redcarmoose - I love the flexibility of short throw mounts like the X-Pro (and Nex)... I've been using vintage LTM glass from the 50s, M glass from the 70s, Newer M-glass, FD/FL Canon glass, and old AI Nikon glass on this thing... lots of fun. My favorite lenses on it are an early 60s 35mm f1.8 canon LTM rangefinder lens, and a Cosina/Voightlander 21mm LTM rangefinder lens - they are so tiny and sharp!

If I could find a 24/25mm f2/2.8 rangefinder lens that didn't cost a grand, I'd be in heaven. 

I actually really liked seeing the edge distortion in some of those flicker streams in the discussion group for the X-pro. Just something fun about finding some off brand old Russian rangefinder lens and having the edge distortion and light fall-off make the image other-worldly. Who doesn't love an optical effect that looks better than photoshop? 

I guess you have to pay the geezal to get it all super clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back