Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #10,143 of 15,770
Quote:
Beautiful pic James. I think I vaguely remember this from the Sound of Music, but I'm not about to scan through a 3+ hour movie for a single still shot.

Ah, that scene was probably from Mirabell Gardens. Sound of Music was shot in and around Salzburg, which is about 200 miles from my hometown Vienna.

My pic was taken during a morning walk through Schönbrunn Gardens. I happen to live nearby, so I can go there before it's crowded with tourists. But yeah, these old gardens all look similarly beautiful.

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #10,145 of 15,770
Quote:

Ah, that scene was probably from Mirabell Gardens. Sound of Music was shot in and around Salzburg, which is about 200 miles from my hometown Vienna.

My pic was taken during a morning walk through Schönbrunn Gardens. I happen to live nearby, so I can go there before it's crowded with tourists. But yeah, these old gardens all look similarly beautiful.

Ah, my mistake. It must have been the styling of the trees. 

I think I'll make this pic my wallpaper, if you don't mind.

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #10,149 of 15,770

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #10,150 of 15,770
One more wallpaper candidate.
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #10,153 of 15,770
Quote:

Wow. 

If I found my way to Austria, how would you feel about being my tour guide? 
redface.gif

Haha, I'd feel honored and terrified at the same time.

The truth is, I love these buildings and places for their atmosphere, but more or less suck at history. I'd probably tell you something along these lines: "It's the Schönbrunn Gloriette, a tranquil and magical place in the early morning, when there's no one there but a bunch of sleepy ducks and the occasional jogger passing by. It has magnificent views of the gardens and the city from the terrace, and you can have breakfast there and virtually feel like an emperor. Sadly I have no idea who built it and why, but we can fire up wikipedia on my smartphone if you want to know all the details." 
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #10,155 of 15,770
Quote:

Haha, I'd feel honored and terrified at the same time.

The truth is, I love these buildings and places for their atmosphere, but more or less suck at history. I'd probably tell you something along these lines: "It's the Schönbrunn Gloriette, a tranquil and magical place in the early morning, when there's no one there but a bunch of sleepy ducks and the occasional jogger passing by. It has magnificent views of the gardens and the city from the terrace, and you can have breakfast there and virtually feel like an emperor. Sadly I have no idea who built it and why, but we can fire up wikipedia on my smartphone if you want to know all the details." 
wink.gif

No worries. When I was little, I used to think the Sound of Music theme song was Austria's national anthem
rolleyes.gif

Since this is a photography thread, here's my desk after hours trying to A/B phones and study at the same time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back