Post Your Photography Here #2
Oct 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #7,006 of 15,743
gZHxI.jpg

WW84F.jpg

alice in chains \m/

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #7,008 of 15,743
Oct 25, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #7,010 of 15,743
Added some emotion to the shot, Towert - hope it's good enough to appease such an artistic eye. I mean, who am I, just a lad who wants to share photos, who has no need to pretend to be a real artist like yourself, to do forget your kind advice. I am sure that others like myself who are openly sharing in Headfi are just as naive and we need, just need someone to tell us what is wrong with our photos here, at a headphone website. I mean why would we join a photo website to receive enlightened criticism? Why would we turn to so-called 'professionals'? Instead, we have you. There are lots of good photos here at the headfi thread and many that really inspire me, but to tell you the truth, they pale in comparison to the wisdom that oozes from your goodness.

Anyway, I've worked hard, trying to wrangle emotion from my snapshot and thanks to your long and helpful expose, have come away with this: 

Peggy's Cove house with emotion

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #7,011 of 15,743

Quote:
Added some emotion to the shot, Towert - hope it's good enough to appease such an artistic eye. I mean, who am I, just a lad who wants to share photos, who has no need to pretend to be a real artist like yourself, to do forget your kind advice. I am sure that others like myself who are openly sharing in Headfi are just as naive and we need, just need someone to tell us what is wrong with our photos here, at a headphone website. I mean why would we join a photo website to receive enlightened criticism? Why would we turn to so-called 'professionals'? Instead, we have you. There are lots of good photos here at the headfi thread and many that really inspire me, but to tell you the truth, they pale in comparison to the wisdom that oozes from your goodness.

Anyway, I've worked hard, trying to wrangle emotion from my snapshot and thanks to your long and helpful expose, have come away with this: 

Peggy's Cove house with emotion

The sarcasm present in this post pleases my twisted mind.

Oct 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #7,012 of 15,743
Quote:
* original quote *

The sarcasm present in this post pleases my twisted mind.

Erm, I think it's a bit over the top, but I realize that nobody likes to be criticized. I think the need to have 'emotion' in any given picture is one of those annoying 'rules' of photography, which I always find annoying. I won't go into more detail, since I'm sure plenty of people here wouldn't agree.

That said, I think you can see emotion in the original, if you look for it. The general lighting cast of the picture, contrasted against the once bright but faded objects hanging forlornly in the foreground, conveys a sense of sadness. The empty window and the line hanging off the side underscore the sense of loss and sadness built up by the photo. A darkness is beginning to creep from the left, and soon it will cover the entire frame.

Don't take the above paragraph too seriously, but I basically mean it. I just overstated it a bit; I guess the sarcasm is getting to me, too. Below you will find a picture which I had originally rejected from yesterdays shooting, but I'm posting now because I haven't taken anything new. The emotion is sadness, with a tinge of fast-fading hope.

a214391c_DSC_0410_C.jpg

Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #7,013 of 15,743

Quote:
but to tell you the truth, they pale in comparison to the wisdom that oozes from your goodness.

Thanks shigzeo.  I always enjoy a good ego boost every once and a while.
^_^

Can I be serious for a moment though?  That face you drew on the photo...  If instead that face was on the building in real life, to a much smaller scale, then the photo would interest me more.  You would have a house wall, devoid of all human emotion, and then this goofy/sad spraypainted face on it.  The thought of that makes me laugh.

PS:  you have no idea how much the past few posts have cracked me up guys!  I haven't laughed that good for a while.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #7,014 of 15,743
Oct 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #7,015 of 15,743
Quote:
Thanks shigzeo.  I always enjoy a good ego boost every once and a while.
^_^

Can I be serious for a moment though?  That face you drew on the photo...  If instead that face was on the building in real life, to a much smaller scale, then the photo would interest me more.  You would have a house wall, devoid of all human emotion, and then this goofy/sad spraypainted face on it.  The thought of that makes me laugh.

PS:  you have no idea how much the past few posts have cracked me up guys!  I haven't laughed that good for a while.

No problem! Laughing is good for you.

If the face was spray-painted onto the building it would still be largely devoid of attractive qualities. However, I'm guessing that you're one of those 'photography should send a message' people, and you care more about the message of a picture that it's actual aesthetic qualities. I can't argue with that, but I certainly can disagree with it.

Either way, we should probably get back to posting pictures instead of arguing.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #7,016 of 15,743
Speaking of emotion:

This poor girl looked so grouchy.  I decided to take her picture, and trust me... It didn't help!

Haha, what a facial expression!

This is the emotion I imagine in some of the responses I have received back on my comments.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #7,017 of 15,743

dbl post.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #7,018 of 15,743

Quote:
However, I'm guessing that you're one of those 'photography should send a message' people, and you care more about the message of a picture that it's actual aesthetic qualities.

I usually hate messages in photos.....  The worst, for me, is when the photographer tells me what message I should get from the photo.

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #7,020 of 15,743
I like this conversation going on here.
167mc93.jpg

On a tangent, I like the D7000 images so far. Don't forget the Pentax K-5 has the same sensor (that's my plug for Pentax).
I wish I had the money for a K-5 kit, but I think I'll just stick to buying vintage Pentax glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back