Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #511 of 15,770
Cloudy overcast light can be some of the best for certain shots that don't require the sky in them! A slight warming filter *may* help to bring up some of the warm tones lost though. I personally would have in those pictures, but that's just me.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #512 of 15,770
MASCA.jpg

Masca Tenerife

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #515 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cloudy overcast light can be some of the best for certain shots that don't require the sky in them! A slight warming filter *may* help to bring up some of the warm tones lost though. I personally would have in those pictures, but that's just me.

I had a play about with the White Balance in CS3, I jumped between Daylight, Cloudy, Shade and Flash but ended up leaving them as As Shot.

I'm awaiting a couple of books so I can return to the RAW files in a week or two so that I can play about with them.

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #516 of 15,770
Like the top landscape picture Muz! What a fancy view.

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #517 of 15,770
There have been so many nice sunsets these past few days where I live. Sadly, today I got stuck outside with only my telephoto lens (trying to find the bald eagle) for this lovely sunset. I made the best of what I had though.

Connecticut River:

Quaint House:

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #518 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a play about with the White Balance in CS3, I jumped between Daylight, Cloudy, Shade and Flash but ended up leaving them as As Shot.

I'm awaiting a couple of books so I can return to the RAW files in a week or two so that I can play about with them.

Should be interesting to see if you find a way to change it that you think is better, or if you settle on what you've already created.

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #519 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by muz640 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The first shot(above), thats Tenerife in Winter, this is a shot of the UK in Summer, can you spot the difference?

I like that shot. It's got that right gloomy mood and the rain was captured very well. Nice job muz640.

Jan 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #521 of 15,770
Quote:

hail-riding-2.jpg

The first shot(above), thats Tenerife in Winter, this is a shot of the UK in Summer, can you spot the difference?

This is an excellent picture mate. Captures the mood beautifully.

Zorro.

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #522 of 15,770
Great pixs all, keep it up.

For the newcomers I've reposted Mrvile's rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Post Your Photography Here![/size]

This is a continuation of the first Post Your Photography thread. The original 89-page thread has gotten a bit long, and I wanted to impose a few new rules to keep the thread pages from getting out of hand. Anyone is welcome to show off their own photogaphy; I want these threads to inspire and to teach.

-----

[size=medium]Rules[/size]
[size=small]1. Please limit each post to only FOUR (4) images at a time. If you have more than four images, you can display them in a new post.
2. Please keep any images you post no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. If an image must be viewed at a larger size (such as a panorama), please use a thumbnail to link the image.
3. Please do not quote other peoples' images. If you want to comment on someone's image, quote them but delete the image URL.[/size]

-----

I hope that everyone can be cooperative and ensure that this photo thread becomes as successful as the last one. Discussion is still encouraged, so don't hesitate to ask someone about their images.

Thanks and have fun!

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #523 of 15,770
Quote:

Masca Tenerife

muz640; What a great shot! I HAD to find this place, never heard of Tenerife. It's a volcanic (?) island in the Canaries. The Google satellite image is amazing, looks like great MTBing. Got anymore? Did you make it to the National Park? See the volcano?
Sorry but riding on the UK (your other pix) just doesn't look quite as a exciting.

And since Queen Boomana did not formally welcome you, I will.

Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #524 of 15,770
That's me told then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back