Post your NON-audiophile headphones! (As in non-regular head-fi headphones)
Jul 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #76 of 89
I have the skullcandy SK-PRO, which in all respect due to the fact skullcandy makes terrible headphones, these were actually satifying in the fact they beat the dre beats by a land slide. My AKG K240s and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 beat the SK-PRO by 2x over tho.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #77 of 89
Earbuds I own and never listen to anymore since 4 years ago which is the same year I coincidentally joined head-fi
smile_phones.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #78 of 89
Got my iBuds which I still use for running, my Creative Fatality headset from my gaming days, some fake CX500s lying around somewhere, and a couple of Virgin Blue freebies 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #82 of 89
Philips SHP-2000 and... the earbuds that came with the Sansa Fuze I have, that's it.

The Philips were worth the £12 I bought them for, just not in the comfort department...

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #83 of 89
Aside from pack-ins, the cheapest phones I own are some KSC75s.  Pretty hi-fi for $14 if you ask me.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #84 of 89
Good thread, interesting reading through people opinions. I agree with the fact that you should try out a variety of 'phones as you may just be surprised with the quality of sound. I have a few brands which I dislike (wesc and skullcady) yet aerial 7 and cyw urbanz have impressed me. Mainly due to quality over price. I always go back to what I paid to obtain perspective, mainly the reason why I can't get on with skull candy. All obviously adopted similar moulds yet pricing points differ somewhat.

Read someone used ear pollution? That an ifrogz brand??

We slag off brands on here, yet the best brand in the world IMO (apple) are content with offering us crap buds with iPhones/iPods. Bizarre! Unless they own other brands!?!

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #86 of 89
Quote:
We slag off brands on here, yet the best brand in the world IMO (apple) are content with offering us crap buds with iPhones/iPods. Bizarre! Unless they own other brands!?!

HUH? Have you not tried a better MP3 player? Yes, Apple is good for e-mails, youtube, facetime, and whatever... They are not the best for music at all.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #87 of 89
Plus some of us have no interest in playing in Apple's walled garden no matter how pretty they make it.

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #88 of 89

HUH? Have you not tried a better MP3 player? Yes, Apple is good for e-mails, youtube, facetime, and whatever... They are not the best for music at all.

I think the point was best brand, not necessarily product! Yet his point is now redundant now Apple bought out Beats by Dr Dre. That brand should arguably be in this group, as their $300 cans cost no more than $15 to produce. I have used a number of products for different reasons. Use Sennheiser PMX, Urbanz Sportz, Aftershockz Sportz for running, then the JVC Riptide's for my over ear (got at £10 at a trade show) and have been great. 

I have just bought some Shure rip-offs, MEE M6 Pro at £35. Slightly cheaper, and review well...

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #89 of 89
Monster nergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back