Post your favorite quote.
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #81 of 89
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."

- Albert Camus

biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #82 of 89
"A man's got to know his limitations."
Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
Barack Obama

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #83 of 89
"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country"
John F. Kennedy

"Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man."
Bertrand Russell

"That is why the philosophical rebel is so dear to us -- because he alone has the courage to say, "I have no clue what this **** is."

Of what value to society is such a stance? What does he add to the GNP of nations or to the riches of our souls? Most important, he is anathema to hoo-ha -- he does not swallow the Kool-Aid or follow the company line; he does not jump when the Man says jump -- he scarcely moves; he hardly hears the Man; he can hardly even see him; he has to squint. It's his constitution to be cautious and to ask the relevant question Why?"
I'm scattered and have no ambition -- what's wrong with me? | Salon Life

"I hid under your porch because I love you."
Dug from Pixar's Up

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #84 of 89
"Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Social progress can be measured exactly by the social position of the fair sex, the ugly ones included." Karl Marx

"I married your mother because I wanted children. Imagine my disappointment when you arrived." Groucho Marx

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #89 of 89
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

"A man without religon is like a fish without a bicycle" -don't remember...

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." -Mark Twain

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." -also don't remember...

"Children are naïve -- they trust everyone. School is bad enough, but, if you put a child anywhere in the vicinity of a church, you're asking for trouble." -Frank Zappa

Sorry if the tones of some of them are religious, but those are honestly my favourite quotes, along with just about everything G.H. Hardy ever said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back