Post your computer specs!~
Nov 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #901 of 3,098

Quote:
I persoanlly use the g500 and I think its round 60 now? Another option would be the newish Zowie EC-1/EC-2, which is driverless. I've heard good things about it.

agree

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #903 of 3,098

Quote:
What about the Deathadder? It's $45 on Amazon.

Would rather not. Lots of complaints on the endurance of the cable and it's an older model that I personally dislike using.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #905 of 3,098

Quote:
This is the 3.5G, so it's the newer model. I may just get it for the price. 

I'm not sure about the newer model, but the older/original DA served me well for over 3 years('07-'10.) While I've never had any problems with my DA, Sil3nce is right about of the sturdiness of parts used in the DA like the side buttons wearing out. I've never had any problems with the cord that he mentioned, though.

I switched to the g500 because I felt it was time to 'upgrade'.

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #906 of 3,098
I have the Deathadder 3500DPI version. My Logitech MX518 (just lesser version of G5 really) was way better. Just fit SOOOOO much better in my hand. The Deathadder is uncomfortable for normal use, but good for serious FPS gaming use (I use claw grip whilst gaming). Still, the MX518/G5 are much more my type of mouse. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #907 of 3,098
Quote:
stang said:

I have the Deathadder 3500DPI version. My Logitech MX518 (just lesser version of G5 really) was way better. Just fit SOOOOO much better in my hand. The Deathadder is uncomfortable for normal use, but good for serious FPS gaming use (I use claw grip whilst gaming). Still, the MX518/G5 are much more my type of mouse.

That's exactly how I would describe those 2 mice. The DA tends to push up on my palm too much, causing pain.

When my 518 started overheating, I took a risk on the Steelseries Ikari Laser. Not only did it track better, but I've never had a mouse fit so well before. It literally disappears beneath my hand. The material on top's not gloss, so it doesn't get super sticky. It's just...perfect.

The only other mice that have my attention @ this time are the Mionix Naos 5000 and SS's new WoW Cataclysm. They both appear to have the newer Avago 9500 sensor and have clearly been influenced/made from the Ikari's design.

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #908 of 3,098

Quote:
Quote:

That's exactly how I would describe those 2 mice. The DA tends to push up on my palm too much, causing pain.

I believe the DeathAdder is designed to be used with a gel wrist rest. It's very uncomfortable without one but fits perfectly in my hand when used in conjunction with my exactmat.

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #910 of 3,098
That case doesn't look bad at all, but I found the picture comparison between the silver and black versions entertaining. The silver version is still black, but has a thin silver trimmed frame on the front. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #912 of 3,098
mmhm still prefer the corsair obsidian
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #913 of 3,098

Quote:
I believe the DeathAdder is designed to be used with a gel wrist rest. It's very uncomfortable without one but fits perfectly in my hand when used in conjunction with my exactmat.

I actually own the exactmat with the gel wrist rest, sphex and goliathus speed. Mouse pads are the "Audiophile cables" of computer use for me 
biggrin.gif
 Don't make that much of a difference, but I love how some of them look. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #914 of 3,098

Quote:
I actually own the exactmat with the gel wrist rest, sphex and goliathus speed. Mouse pads are the "Audiophile cables" of computer use for me 
biggrin.gif

If you need to really get precision, a good mousepad is useful. I find their strengths (for me) actually are in doing precise graphic design work rather than gaming. I couldn't go back to a normal mousepad or (gasp) a desk surface now.

For reference, I'm using a Steelseries I-2/Icemat.

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #915 of 3,098

Quote:
biggrin.gif

No, I must disagree. I like to have my mice ridiculously fast and my standard no-DPI-settings mouse isn't cutting it even with the Windows mouse speed set to max. I have about a 6x9 space to use my mouse to a lack of desk space, oh the clutter. 
I like the Ikari but it's $80 at Best Buy. Is the Ikari worth $20 over the Deathadder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back