Post pictures of your setup!
Jul 4, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #31 of 341
Well, my current rig with the old Beyers. The Denon player is almost out of sight below. The light wooded one is the D/A converter, the two box headamp was published on the DIY section and there is a passive pre also.

system.jpg

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #33 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I use my ipod more for music, why? I am way too lazy to keep getting up to change discs and stuff.

A headfier is not judged on the equipment. An interest in headphones is all it takes to be one.

Have you tried hooking up a computer to the ML DAC? That should be convenient as well for digital playback.

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #34 of 341
My home setup:

1120494027_picture_034.jpg

My home office is in the other room, and I just grab whichever headphone and amp combo I want and set it up @ my computer.

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #35 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Have you tried hooking up a computer to the ML DAC? That should be convenient as well for digital playback.

I have ripped music via lossless and then via the digital out of my soundcard into the ML dac. While the results are fairly good and the sound more than acceptable there is a strange sound effect being applied by my soundcars, some sort of digital processing.

It drives me nutty. So I transfer the tunes onto my ipod and prefer to listen to it that way. Otherwise I use the ML.

Jul 4, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #37 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer
Here is my rig:

<pictures>

The Sigma and Omega side by side

DAMN!

Jul 4, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #39 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Code:

Code:
[left][img]www.yourpic'saddress.com/pic.png[/img][/left]

Still no stands, Asterix?
tongue.gif

No, not yet. This time I'll be making them myself or having them made, since all I need are little ramps to tilt them up off the ground. They sound the best right on the ground, tilted up, so the bass coming from the back can interact with the floor. This way I can avoid a subwoofer, because this way the bass is quite good. Actually I know these type of stands exist commercially somewhere, I used to own a pair. I just have not been able to find any recently. If anyone knows where to get some simple, lightweight stands that tilt your speakers up a bit and hold them above the ground slightly, let me know! Thanks. The ones I had were made of wire with soft rubber covering.

Jul 4, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #40 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer
Here is my rig:

3190statsrule-med.jpg

Oi.... a $2500 amp! WOWOW!!

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #42 of 341
Front of Living Room/Home Theater:
roomfront.JPG

Front of room in "Theater Mode":
rack_front_HT.jpg

A screenshot of new HT Intro:
screenshot.jpg

Back of Living Room/Home Theater:
roomback.JPG

Speakers = Paradigm Studio Reference V2 (plus Mirage BP-400 Subwoofer, not shown)
PSR100v2smallc.JPG

Equipment closet. LCD on right replaced with 15" touchscreen controller:
rack_front.jpg

Back of rack with easy access! (poorly stitched photo, sorry):
rack_back.jpg

My self-painted "stealth-dishes"!:
stealthdishes.jpg

super.fi 5 Pros and UE-10 Pros:
ultimateears.JPG

I have 3 Karmas, I love them. Got a Vaja case for them:
karmancase.jpg

Two of my Karmas are loaded with FLAC files, encoded using full bitrate WAV files ripped from CD using EAC in secure mode. One is for Jazz/Blues/Classical, the second for Rock/Pop, and the other is still in the box. Compression level 8 fits roughly 55 CDs (680-700 songs).

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #43 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Here's some of my stuff.

[...]

Oh god....and I see them again, the ML and the cans. It doesn't get easier on me, no matter how often I get to see it.

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #44 of 341
Hey Jetlag!

Nice setup you got there? I'm particularily interested in the little case you have for the Super.fi; where did you get it? (the mini suitcase-style enclosure)

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #45 of 341
I got them at the Ultimate Ears tour. Everyone that showed (much to our surprise) received a free set of super.fi 5 Pros! I was the lucky door-prize winner and also won the custom set of UE10 Pros. No, I'm not kidding.

AFAIK, I think the case is standard with any order from Ultimate Ears. You can even get the top laser engraved with your name (or whatever) on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back