post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #6,256 of 6,467
It's not that Stan's DAC doesn't get good favor, it's more that he doesn't get good favor due to the way he handled himself on internet boards. 

That's why I asked about the DAC.  I don't care if he simply slaps his name on the front of it like other companies do and charged a higher price (if that's all he did), just whether or not it sounded good.  Most of the threads you find on it got derailed away from it's performance very quickly.

Bill

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #6,257 of 6,467
I must have stumbled across the the more favorable threads first (AoS forums)  which led to my decision to buy a Caiman....
Its been fun to modify this inexpensive DAC and hear the differences!

In dealing with Stan, he has been nothing short of a gentleman, super responsive and very supportive.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #6,259 of 6,467
4870931109_01ae4512d1_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahil/4870931109

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #6,261 of 6,467
Thanks!
The tsunami dream is a great case. I've had that tower for about 6 yrs. All the internals are essentially the same as when i first bought the pc (P4 rig with same CPU, GPU & RAM, just overclocked as much as possible on stock cooling, lol). I have only replaced/upgraded components which have died (hdd, monitor, case fans). Also added a few extra bits here and there (ram, extra monitor, hdds, soundcard, speakers, amp, headphone). The mouse is actually the only component which i have replaced which was still fine. (previous mouse now gets used on the laptop). Even though its 6 yrs old, it handles everything i throw at it with absolute ease (apart from modern games, but thats ok since i dont game much anymore).

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #6,265 of 6,467

Quote:
A 6 year old computer, I am amazed that it still holds up.

I have an old P4C 3GHz machine too and Windows 7 breathed new life into it.  I still want to upgrade, but it's a complete new build so I'm holding on just a little longer so I can build it up a little higher spec again and get 5+ years out of it too.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #6,267 of 6,467

Quote:

I have an old P4C 3GHz machine too and Windows 7 breathed new life into it.  I still want to upgrade, but it's a complete new build so I'm holding on just a little longer so I can build it up a little higher spec again and get 5+ years out of it too.

x2.. atm i'm 3.2Ghz p4 running @ 3.8Ghz.

I'll be waiting for quite a while longer before upgrading/investing in a EVGA Classified SR-2 (or similar) rig, which will give me a good 10 years easy (20 with some serious OC'ing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back