Jan 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #5,611 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arent those too tall to be MMG's?

Every pair I've seen are that tall...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UncleDavid, LOVE the Maggie + Mac rig!!!!

Thanks Skylab. I don't know if you remember me from the Chicago meet this summer but I had the Grade 325i, Little Dot I+, and Fubar II USB DAC. Needless to say I've stepped it up!

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #5,612 of 6,467
Yes, and yes you have! Well done
atsmile.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #5,613 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every pair I've seen are that tall...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Skylab. I don't know if you remember me from the Chicago meet this summer but I had the Grade 325i, Little Dot I+, and Fubar II USB DAC. Needless to say I've stepped it up!

huh, ive never actually seen any, but those look to be about teh same size as the MC12's, oh well
smily_headphones1.gif
how watts does that macitosh integrated put out into 4ohms? im sure its enough for the power hungry maggies though!

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5,614 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh, ive never actually seen any, but those look to be about teh same size as the MC12's, oh well
smily_headphones1.gif
how watts does that macitosh integrated put out into 4ohms? im sure its enough for the power hungry maggies though!

There's only a 3" difference in height (and 2.5" in width) between the MMG and MG12, so naturally they will look about the same size, because they are.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #5,615 of 6,467
It's a power amp. I'm using it right now until my DAC/preamp show up.
I'm just using the left/right gain controls now.
It puts out 200W @ 4ohms.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #5,616 of 6,467
Quote:

It's a power amp. I'm using it right now until my DAC/preamp show up.
I'm just using the left/right gain controls now.
It puts out 200W @ 4ohms.

Oh got ya, i just didnt see a preamp so i thought it was integrated. but thats pretty nice, those maggies need power and room for sure. I cant wait till ive got a big enough room to get some 3.6's for myself, my favorite speakers to this day. Hearing them for the first time is what got me into high end audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #5,617 of 6,467
Quote:

<snip>

I like what i seeeeeeeeee
wink.gif
... i hope it sounds as good as it looks
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #5,620 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle David, love the setup. I'm sure it's much better than your old Wharfdale + Onix SP3

It's a huge improvement. And you know what? It really wasn't much more expensive than the old setup.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #5,621 of 6,467
Quote:

It's a huge improvement. And you know what? It really wasn't much more expensive than the old setup.

Don't you love Audiogon?

You better hide your wallet when you see a used Peachtree Nova for sale
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #5,623 of 6,467
It's still a work in progress since I just entered this room, it's a mess and things will still be moved around, but some pics anyway.

RVL_02.jpg

This is where I spend most time, the big cushions are very comfortable and I sure can't complain about the audio quality just within reach
smile.gif

Close-up of the headphone part:

RVL_03.jpg

overview:
RVL_01.jpg

I'm sure you notice the empty spot between the speakers... that's where I plan to place the Panasonic 42G15 tomorrow. Gotta love the employee discounts
biggrin.gif

The HE60 is still missing from the pictures (sorry Michgelsen...). I did get them back but have not touched them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back