post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jan 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #5,552 of 6,467
Edited temp.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #5,554 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPhone camera FTL!

Especially since now I know where exactly in Dallas you live, thanks to the habit of the iPhone to embed GPS data into the photos... hide your equipment well.
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #5,555 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Especially since now I know where exactly in Dallas you live, thanks to the habit of the iPhone to embed GPS data into the photos... hide your equipment well.
wink.gif

LOL! So the POS does that even when you tell it not to use your current location, or only if you hit yes?

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #5,556 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip>

epic james bond collection.
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #5,558 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so im not really very good with my camera, and my rooms pretty small, and i dont have my jh13s currently, sent them back for a refit but heres nothin.

under the desk is where all my "gear" is located. From top to bottom, ive got my Audio-GD DAC-19Mk3, Toshiba XA-2 HD-DVD player, Pioneer BDP-51fd, and then my yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated

and thats all my movies in a mix of hddvds and blu rays, along with all the cds ive bought in the last year, the rest of my cds are in the binder on my bed with all of their cases at home in oregon
frown.gif
im working on that though.

and thats my modest setup, hopefully ill have an amp soon and my jh13s back!

and if anyone was interested, the sub in the corner is a Epik Sentinel, yes i know its overkill in my less than 1000 cubic foot room. The bookshelves that i use as my mains are two Emotiva ERM-1's and the rears are towers and they are paradigm monitor 7's
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice management for a room that size

Jan 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #5,560 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
epic james bond collection.
beerchug.gif

yeah amazon had them on sale for 55 bucks on the day after thanksgiving in blu ray, couldnt pass that up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice management for a room that size

thanks, it is rough with such a small room, but i think i do pretty good, specially fitting in a 50 tv and surround sound. i just spend most my time on my bed.

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #5,562 of 6,467
nice setup akwok.. those sonus fabers are gorgeous

+1 on the audioengines though, i thought they were the end-all of computer speakers under $1000 until i heard them

quite disappointing, there are MUCH better options for active nearfield listening in that price range... like the mackie mr5's or krk rp5g2

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #5,563 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice setup akwok.. those sonus fabers are gorgeous

+1 on the audioengines though, i thought they were the end-all of computer speakers under $1000 until i heard them

quite disappointing, there are MUCH better options for active nearfield listening in that price range... like the mackie mr5's or krk rp5g2

I'm actually thinking of selling them back already, the midbass hump is /still/ annoying me with MoPADs. I don't think I'm very tolerant of bass..

Aside from the MR5s and the Rokit 5G2s, I don't know if there are any other active monitors in that pricerange (and with a flatter frequency response, of course!).

Regarding acoustic treatment for the Guarneris: they sound fine as they are right now. I don't care /that/ much as to cover all my windows with acoustic panels... that's just another level of crazy!

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #5,564 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from the MR5s and the Rokit 5G2s, I don't know if there are any other active monitors in that pricerange (and with a flatter frequency response, of course!).

Why not build a FirstWatt F5 for the monitors? Then you're not limited to active monitors. Priciest part of the F5 for speaker use is the heatsink and it's about US$55 off ebay. If you wanted to go a little fancier, front and rear panels from FPE would add another $100-$150. It would be a nice compliment to the Aleph J.

I'd DIY my own speakers too, but that's just me.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #5,565 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sold my b&w 805's... in the process of choosing my next speakers.. here's a quick shot!

totem forests
joseph audio rm7si
fritzspeaker carbon 7

two more speakers will arrive this week as well, the proac response 1.5 and usher x-719

josephtotemfritz.jpg

josephtotemfritz2.jpg

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back