post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Nov 26, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #5,372 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BMF, is the headphone stand the one off of eBay, or did you make a copy?

It's interesting that the NAD RP18 box says elektret.

I bought it and promptly opened it and started using it as a temporary stand or as a stretcher. It's design is poor and it would definitely stretch or loosen head clamping pressure and it flattens pads. But, it has given me an idea on how to change the design to improve it, plus it would be more stable with my version. Just haven't had time to mock them up and post the drawings.

Yes, as the RP18s are definitely orthos, and damn fine ones at that.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #5,373 of 6,467
@ mangamonster

silver, black, silver, black, silver, black... red mouse... What?
redface.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #5,375 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just picked up the tv from fry's... 46" samsung

ooh, that's nice!

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #5,379 of 6,467
My home studio (took me a year to research, design, and construct):
studio-05.jpg

studio-11.jpg

studio-12.jpg

studio-08.jpg

studio-21.jpg

studio-2009-07-19_01.jpg

My current headphones:
headphones.jpg

(From left to right: Pioneer SE-DJ5000, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Westone 3, Equation RP-21, Sennheiser HD555, Denon AH-D950.) Missing from the photo are the Shure E4C and Sennheiser HD600–I no longer have them. The Denon and the HD555 are out of service. The Denon's drivers are fine, but he actual headband near the left earcup snapped. The HD555's right driver got blown by one of my malfunctioning Samson C-Control. The E4C's got fried by a malfunctioning airline adapter (and I got them to reimburse me the cost of the E4C's).

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #5,382 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My home studio (took me a year to research, design, and construct):

Wow, that looks killer! You wouldn't happen to have any highly recommended books, or web links would you?

Not looking to build something quite that big, but I'd love to build in a small sound in my basement and add a little sound treatment to the office around the personal PC for my wife's pod casts. You can PM them to me to keep this thread on track if you wish.

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #5,383 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that looks killer! You wouldn't happen to have any highly recommended books, or web links would you?

Not looking to build something quite that big, but I'd love to build in a small sound in my basement and add a little sound treatment to the office around the personal PC for my wife's pod casts. You can PM them to me to keep this thread on track if you wish.

I'm happy to help. I've been asked this a number of times already, so maybe I should put it into the FAQ section of my website from now on.
biggrin.gif

Basically, I bought three books on the subject, with Rod Gervais's (search on amazon.com) book being the best one. He's a moderator at recording.org's studio construction/design forum, so you should start there and read all those very helpful threads. I asked a ton of questions at various forums (recording.org, gearslutz.com, johnlsayers.com) and read threads for weeks at a time. I'd draw up plans and post them for comments, and then revised the plans based on people's suggestions. I also consulted the engineers at Klein+Hummel (since I use their product as my main reference monitors) while designing my studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back