post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jun 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #4,861 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man is that wall hungry for a 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite.

I kind of like the screen he has with the bikes in it, very realistic!
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #4,863 of 6,467
vpi.jpg
happy for now

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #4,865 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vpi.jpg
happy for now

The noise and colour of the picture make it look like an ad for hi-fi from an early-80's magazine. I like it.

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #4,867 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The noise and colour of the picture make it look like an ad for hi-fi from an early-80's magazine. I like it.

Almost looks like a fake giclee print.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #4,869 of 6,467
Thanks for the complements. It's the best sounding headphone rig I've had. I really do not have a lot of money to throw at this hobby, so I guess this will have to work for a while. After 200 hours of burn-in the Woo became another animal. Someday I would like to try some Tube rolling. It's cool now because ten years ago we had very few 300b choices, now there are alot. Ten years ago we didn't have a builder like Woo Audio!

It's just a stock Woo Audio 5 Le. I had Jack add some preamp out RCAs and a switch for them. The Stanton 310 was $85.00. The VPI is nice. I helped pay for that with the sale of my Thorens TD160. The VPI adds no color like the Thornes did. I kind of miss that Thorens anyway. I still can't figure out if a SET 300B adds color. Sometimes it almost seems like it may. Other times I can't imagine a sound so clear and perfect.

The best sound on this system comes from 80s hair metal for some strange reason. The LP Lick It UP by KISS sounds perfect. Other UK Prog mixed on a tube desk still sounds a little too warm. I really think I also have to invest in some power conditioning as sometimes the system will sound just a little thin. The only varible I can think of would be the AC.

I really want to thank Head-Fi for all the help in sorting out my system requirements.
Would someone tell me if there is a 10 step program out there which could save me from spending any more money?

Jun 29, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #4,870 of 6,467
There is only one step: leave now and never turn back!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Thanks for the complements. It's the best sounding headphone rig I've had. I really do not have a lot of money to throw at this hobby, so I guess this will have to work for a while. After 200 hours of burn-in the Woo became another animal. Someday I would like to try some Tube rolling. It's cool now because ten years ago we had very few 300b choices, now there are alot. Ten years ago we didn't have a builder like Woo Audio!

It's just a stock Woo Audio 5 Le. I had Jack add some preamp out RCAs and a switch for them. The Stanton 310 was $85.00. The VPI is nice. I helped pay for that with the sale of my Thorens TD160. The VPI adds no color like the Thornes did. I kind of miss that Thorens anyway. I still can't figure out if a SET 300B adds color. Sometimes it almost seems like it may. Other times I can't imagine a sound so clear and perfect.

The best sound on this system comes from 80s hair metal for some strange reason. The LP Lick It UP by KISS sounds perfect. Other UK Prog mixed on a tube desk still sounds a little too warm. I really think I also have to invest in some power conditioning as sometimes the system will sound just a little thin. The only varible I can think of would be the AC.

I really want to thank Head-Fi for all the help in sorting out my system requirements.
Would someone tell me if there is a 10 step program out there which could save me from spending any more money?

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #4,871 of 6,467
The revised version of Stax Station Lambda.
bigsmile_face.gif

Too dark?

Almost like negative:

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #4,873 of 6,467
Quote:

It's just a stock Woo Audio 5 Le. I had Jack add some preamp out RCAs and a switch for them.

So how well does it function as a preamp and how much did the mod cost extra?
I'm inclined to the WA2 for it's dual use as a preamp, got distracted by the appearance of the WA22 and now find that the WA5LE can do preamp duty??!!
ph34r.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #4,874 of 6,467
wow beautiful setup, love the EC SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back