post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Mar 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #4,306 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwell2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't found a camera to borrow, so in the mean time, I made a CAD model of my room and listening area:

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Not included are my actual headphones, my desk chair, and my listening chair (positioned between the desk and dresser). They would all take a considerable amount of additional time to model, so I skipped those.

EDIT: The room is roughly 14' x 14.5'

getting a kick out of this thread...kinda voyeristic
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #4,307 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I cant believe you have well over 2,000 posts and have been able to resist spening more then 70 pounds. You trully are amazing in you're budgeting.

I want a t-shirt with his picture on it.

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #4,308 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main setup right now. Too bad I can't take a decent picture.

SA8001 + Extreme is my cd/sacd setup
Macbook Pro (not in picture) + DA100 + GS-1 is my computer setup

Cans in picture: HD650, K701, D2000, AD2000

dscf0014.jpg

Looking good!
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much Meridian love! How are you finding it?

I am actually loving the Meridian 506.20, I was afraid that being 10+ years old it would be a dog.
confused.gif
Man, was I wrong.
smile.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #4,309 of 6,467
/\ Hidden Gems the 20bit meridians! For me they do everything right.

Saw this the other day and it became my instant want to hear setup:-

CD12 - Angstrom Research - MDR R-10

688539505_43648bd8ef.jpg

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #4,310 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my latest setup.

iMac feeding the pico which is hiding down the side in a crack or something
biggrin.gif
going into the Woo GES and finally to the SR-007. The sony player is used just for SACD playback.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...nalee/stax.jpg

Looking great!
beerchug.gif

Apple, O2, ... just the way I like it...

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #4,311 of 6,467
haha! Not having much money to spend helps! And my parents frown at it, especially my dad. I'm just 16, and also only have 10 months to save about £3k for a car and insurance. That's why
tongue.gif

I've been given a few things (my Livewires are the biggest!) and traded my pre-head-fi Zen Vision M for my D2, and spent £40 on SD's. Made profit selling things to friends, and spent some money on shipping for loans for amps and stuff.

Need to get to a meet next year and get some ideas about whether spending probably around £400 or so would be worth it to me... Basically how amazed will I be. How much better can it get and stuff. For now i'll save every penny for a car and enjoy being here
biggrin.gif

Oh, and thanks, I guess I'll take it as a compliment
tongue.gif
It's a photo of me, chimpified, see the link in my sig. I'm not that ugly in real life, don't worry
smily_headphones1.gif
Elbuzzard, I guess you could call me a monk, or a monkey
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #4,312 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha! Not having much money to spend helps! And my parents frown at it, especially my dad. I'm just 16, and also only have 10 months to save about £3k for a car and insurance. That's why
tongue.gif

I've been given a few things (my Livewires are the biggest!) and traded my pre-head-fi Zen Vision M for my D2, and spent £40 on SD's. Made profit selling things to friends, and spent some money on shipping for loans for amps and stuff.
tongue.gif
[/i]

i'm 16 as well. I guess the age-factor makes it a little bit more difficult to obtain all of this fancy equipment.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #4,314 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaredtkatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm 16 as well. I guess the age-factor makes it a little bit more difficult to obtain all of this fancy equipment.

Think of it this way: we (yes, I'm counting myself in here, I'm 17) still have decades, yes decades to get ourselves new gear. We may actually be in a great position here: we've gotten off a good start early on and when we finally get some real money to buy ourselves some serious gear we won't be wasting our money to trash since we already have enough experience to pick the best gear for our musical preferences (well, okay, that's a bit too much to promise but you get the idea
icon10.gif
).

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic. I just couldn't resist.
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #4,316 of 6,467
Wow, great outlook SS!

Also, if I buy a DAC with a good lineout, a tube amp and something like the K601, and a closed can, I won't have many steps until I'm at the max I'd ever want, maybe a Woo, DAC, and HD800 or something...

Although we have years and so do audio manufactuers, so If I do pounce on a nice little rig next year, then go to the Woo-like rig a couple of years later, by then there will be more to upgrade too in the same/close price range...

Oh, and, SS you have a great rig, maybe a level or two under as high as I'd ever go... I would like something like an Alien DAC, or EMU 0404 K601 (maybe K701 if £££ and sound sig is what I like), and a little dot II, oneday a better little dot (like the mk.IV) Then oneeeeeeday something like the Woo rig I said about above
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #4,317 of 6,467
I need to clean up but this is where I do most of my listening... and studying

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #4,319 of 6,467
yup, the post before mine is on the screen
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back