post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Oct 6, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #3,511 of 6,467
HeadRoom Audiophile Desktop rig for my office: Desktop Amp/Dac with Home modules, Desktop PSU for the Desktop Amp, Bi-Amp Monoblock Desktop Power Amps, HeadRoom Desktop Speaker Stands, and a pair of Harbeth HL-P3ES-2 30th Anniversary Edition mini-monitors. Also have a pair of ATH AD2000 hanging from the provided hanger (which I have not yet tightened properly). Super sweet rig, just breaking in.
atsmile.gif

2910223694_a23cdd5090_b.jpg

2909378919_9f1c611eeb_b.jpg

2910225662_bbfba162e9_b.jpg

Oct 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #3,513 of 6,467
those stands do not do HL-P3ES-2 justice...put them on some sound anchor or equally good stands and listen for the massive bass slams

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #3,514 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those stands do not do HL-P3ES-2 justice...put them on some sound anchor or equally good stands and listen for the massive bass slams

Although I am not looking for massive bass slams in my office, have you heard the Harbeths or anything else on the HeadRoom stands?

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #3,515 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I am not looking for massive bass slams in my office, have you heard the Harbeths or anything else on the HeadRoom stands?

nope..I have heard your harbeth on sound anchor stand and on other crappier stand and directly on table...Sound Anchor brought out massive bass and sound stage....

don't get me wrong...you have a great system for desktop use...overkill if you ask me
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #3,516 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those stands do not do HL-P3ES-2 justice...

Posting this comment without ever hearing them is counter-productive. The HR stands are very well designed and from my so-far limited experience do indeed do justice to these monitors. They are heavy steel and covered top and bottom with "3M Bumpon damping material which controls any vibration and/or unwanted resonances" according to the HeadRoom website. Commenting that you like the impact of the Sound Anchor stands is perfectly fine, but criticizing the HeadRoom stands without even hearing them is not.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #3,517 of 6,467
good point..maybe HR should send me a pair to demo
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #3,518 of 6,467
Here is the system setup as of tonight. Too bad I won't be able to enjoy it for about 3 months or so (going overseas). Sound is just musical and euphonic. Shangri-La....I've arrived.

System1.jpg

System2.jpg

System3.jpg

Top to bottom:
RSA B52 (spiked on Sistrum audiopoints)
SRA Ohio XL Plus Squared (for B52 amp section)
Sony CDP-x707es (Transport duties)
Reimyo DAP777 (DAC duties)
Nakamichi RX-505 (Tapedeck 1)
Nakamichi Dragon (Tapedeck 2)
Stillpoints ESS Rack on Mapleshade 4" platform
RSA B52 Power supply
SRA Ohio XL Plus Squared (for B52 Power Supply Section)
Consonance Cyber 800 Monoblocks
Sistrum SP-004 (for each monoblock)

Speakers Omega Superhemps with Deephemp cube subwoofer
Speakers and sub using Sistrum SP-101 spikes and compliments of Audiopoints between speaker stand and speaker itself.

Wiring in signal path is Harmonix Golden Performance HS101 and Furutech Audio Reference III RCAs. Speaker cable is Furutech Audio Reference III.

Power conditioning is Richard Grey Pole Pig, Richard Grey 600s, Richard Grey 400s all upgraded with different Oyaide outlets as needed (SWO-XXX, R1).

Whole room completely treated with Real Trapps mondo traps, mini traps and GIK acoustic panels. All walls and 1st reflection points properly treated.

Very very happy with the sound
beerchug.gif

There's more but thats the main stuff.

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #3,521 of 6,467
Please...I beg of you to not make me think about that. Its about the music....money is a means to an end (I keep telling myself that!).

Honestly, I stopped thinking about the financial side of things sometime back.

~G

Edit: Not in shown in the picture is a Rega Planar 3, Super Elyss Cartridge and musical phenomena connected via Virtual Dynamics Master Series RCA interconnects. Also, from my computer onwards is either an Empirical Audio Freeway 2 OR a Red Wine Transit (with external battery power supply) connected with a KCI Pegasus Digital Interconnect (Silkworm series. Wire made of pure metals - Gold, Silver and Platinum).

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #3,522 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nakamichi RX-505 (Tapedeck 1)
Nakamichi Dragon (Tapedeck 2)

Good to see another Nakamichi collection on Head-Fi. It is amazing how good these things can sound. You just need a vintage Tuner to go with those Naks.
biggrin.gif
I record a lot of NYC FM onto a Nak or a reel-to-reel. Lots of free, excellent music. Can't beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back