post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jun 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #3,151 of 6,467
Hey guys,

Here is my summer rig. One of my Brothers took possession of my Pioneer -505's that I modified quite a bit. He needed some isolating headphones, so I don't mind if he borrows them.

Anyways, I am now in one of the guest bedrooms - my brother's old room and cleaned everything up. My magnaplanars would have needed to be hung and so I dug up a set of Infinity SL-30's from the basement (with West Hills Oak enclosure!). They have great mids and highs, but the very low bass was lacking - so I hooked up my Sub. Conveniently, my 5.1 receiver can change modes to be used as a 2.0 or 2.1 system. I can also enable DSP for virtual dolby surround on movies. Oh yeah, that is my Computer BTW. I have a rolling chair that sits just above the ground (like a computer chair without a base) that I use for the computer.

HPIM1409.jpg

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #3,155 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong with that. I will also hang onto all of them until after I get the BHSE...
wink.gif

Oh! So all of a sudden you have decided to get a BHSE?´... ?
Smart move I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #3,156 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah hopping on that train?
biggrin.gif

The man with two Blue Hawaiis. Craziness = confirmed
redface.gif
cool.gif

The old one is sold already and will be shipped back to Justin soon so I will be the man with zero Blue Hawaii's and two pending.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh! So all of a sudden you have decided to get a BHSE?´... ?
Smart move I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

It happened pretty quickly. It's a RK50 model and will be slightly different from all the others with no HE90 jack and genuine Stax sockets as well as some other slight alterations.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #3,157 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It happened pretty quickly. It's a RK50 model and will be slightly different from all the others with no HE90 jack and genuine Stax sockets as well as some other slight alterations.

Ah, nice!
biggrin.gif

So Justin obviously take custom orders on the BHSE as well.

I am just hanging in here waiting for the initial pictures of the end product before deciding if I want to order one or not. Lets see...

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #3,158 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, nice!
biggrin.gif

So Justin obviously take custom orders on the BHSE as well.

I am just hanging in here waiting for the initial pictures of the end product before deciding if I want to order one or not. Lets see...

It's not really a custom order but some parts of the amp are tailored to my needs. I will never, ever buy a HE90 again so why have an unused jack and I don't want to use the WPI jacks when I have genuine Stax jacks sitting here. The rest is to make it fit better into my system as a whole.

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #3,159 of 6,467
Inspired by -=Germania=-'s post, here's my current listening setup.
Please pardon the picture quality, it's the best I can do in my cramped room.

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

I need to replace that Xbox with a headphone amp!

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #3,160 of 6,467
I will tell you that those AKG's will vastly improve with a decent headphone amp. I can say that you don't need a ridiculous amp ( but there is no harm in wanting one!) to make them blossom. Honestly, get something used in the market of $150-$300 and you will be perfectly happy.

That said, it is a nice setup and a good choice on headphones.

Great Minds think alike!

Jun 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #3,161 of 6,467
Pardon the dusty room.
Rig.JPG

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #3,164 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice stuff.

Prefer the Omega or the SR-007?

I'm loving the Omegas right now. Haven't really used the O2s since getting the Omegas.

The headband is getting pretty worn though, is there anywhere you can get a replacement, or do I have to steal one from an old Lambda?

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #3,165 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliacha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm loving the Omegas right now. Haven't really used the O2s since getting the Omegas.

The headband is getting pretty worn though, is there anywhere you can get a replacement, or do I have to steal one from an old Lambda?

You can get a black SR-202 headpad but if you want a stock unit you need an old Lambda Signature or a Sigma Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back