post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
May 11, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #2,821 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patronising and childish pap that could only be dreamed up by some idle low level marketing bureaucrat at Sony who still lives in his parents attic at the age of 39.

It's very popular in Japan..................
Other cultures just aren't ready for it yet. ^_^
I think *cute* is...... well...... cute.

May 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #2,822 of 6,467
Sheesh, cut -=Germania=- some slack
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #2,824 of 6,467
I do find Black sexy. A beautiful woman in a "little Black dress" is definitely classic and sexy IMO. And I also agree with the less is more philosophy as far as design. If your talking the number of audio gear in my rack, more is more.
biggrin.gif

I also agree that the "Hello Kitty" design school is abominable. But I don't know too many women that subscribe to that aesthetic thankfully.

May 12, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #2,825 of 6,467
I don't like that kitch hello kitty style.
I do, however, like the inclusion of color and a bit of sparkle.
*The chrome buckle on a Kate Spade bag.*

I do not like clothing or items that have a repeated logo all over it, like LV or Coach.

Burberry is a different matter, because it is just plaid. I am a prep, let me have that!

May 12, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #2,827 of 6,467
Nice chair.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish I had the room for a nice big recliner, not at all the least important part of your gear.

May 14, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #2,828 of 6,467
Nice setup AudioDwebe,

I am using the same IKEA tables as a rack too. The headphone attachment is awesome, what did you use to do that?

If you were looking to downsize the racks, one thing I did was to use some speaker spikes. Just screwing one set straight into one of the table tops, and drilling guide holes into the bottom of the 4 legs of the other and you have a small rack. But you have four legs you won't need anymore and one component is now close to the ground... It is relatively sturdy, not super though.

Photo13-1.jpg

Photo16-1.jpg

The speaker spikes I got were from here:
Parts Expressayton DSS4-G Gold Speaker Spike Set 4 Pcs.

cheers

May 15, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #2,832 of 6,467
So I ordered a couple of Salamander Archetype racks a while back, because
I've outgrown the rack that I made, and decided to go a new route.
The racks showed up today and after putting them together I got everything loaded and in place.
I wanted to pay special attention to resonance issues, as I've noticed a fair difference from this in the past. So I opted for the accessory giant spikes for the racks, which also allow for easy leveling of the racks. I used rubber/cork feet under the 3" Maple slab. The slab is 20" deep and 6' long, and quite heavy as you might imagine. I've also used some very nice stainless steel cone feet that I bought from VT4C.com. Their prices on these are a fraction of the prices here in the states.
It's still a work in progress. I have two more turntables on the way, and I plan on keeping the two I like best. Also I plan on buying another rack and sliding it in between the other two. The third Archetype rack will get the optional bookend side pieces for use as an album storage rack. I also have a much needed TPA balanced Darwin switcher being built, so that still leaves two shelves for new gear!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back