post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jan 9, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #2,221 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow just about everyone on head-fi has some cambridge audio azur.

Tell me about it.
I can't believe this freakin' site has me seriously considering a $1200+ CD player/DAC
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #2,223 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
382128_PinkFuzzyBunny.sized.jpg

I think that it was this one that won the prize for messiest desk.

Someone did a real good job at hiding the aluminum foil lining the walls and windows in this room.

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #2,226 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow just about everyone on head-fi has some cambridge audio azur. need to look into that a little more.

how does the squeezebox sound/work?

Cambridge Audio make great budget CDPs! That's why!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me about it.
I can't believe this freakin' site has me seriously considering a $1200+ CD player/DAC
rolleyes.gif

You're lucky it's only $1.2k and not more for a Wadia or Meridian
biggrin.gif

I've always wondered what the HD650 sounds like amped by the G-lite or GS-1...

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #2,227 of 6,467
Finally gotten around to taking a couple of pictures. Still no where near organized. I still haven't worked out where I'm going to eventually place my Krix Equinox
2181815314_038dd84c74_b.jpg

2181815316_45b9d2538e_b.jpg

The quilts hanging around to room are an attempt to reduce the nasty echo this room has. I'm currently trying to find a local source for Owens Corning 703 so I can make the room somewhat presentable.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #2,229 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe if the floor had carpet on it? Thats probably the biggest issue.

Carpet will make a huge difference.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #2,230 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carpet will make a huge difference.

More than likely.

The floor is cork tiling currently. Although cork normally would be pretty good, this has been lacquered and coated to handle the wear, so that probably doesn't help. Just adding a rug did help, but its not a large room. We want to avoid carpets where possible (theres only carpet in three rooms in the house and that is pretty grotty)

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #2,231 of 6,467

Jan 10, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #2,235 of 6,467
Hey up folks,

My setup has finally reached a respectable stage which is going to be its final state, at least for a few years.

My rig is a "computer as source" rig with an external Hard Disk storing the music as Lame MP3 VBR Standard connected via FireWire to a laptop running Foobar2000 v0.8.3. It ouputs the data to a USB Soundcard and straight to my headphones off the integrated headphone amp.
The USB Soundcard I chose is the M-Audio Fast Track Pro because I need its input output features to record my guitar using a condenser microphone. It also has a fairly decent headphone amp which drives my AKG K501 with K701 pads reasonably well.
The last and major part of my rig was added only this morning: the speaker section. The M-Audio feeds a Musical Fidelity X-T100 stereo integrated amplifier with associated Triple-X power supply through cheep standard interconnects. The Musical Fidelity powers, through fairly cheep Audioquest Type 2.1 speaker cables, some Jean-Marie Reynaud Cantabile Signature floorstanding speakers stood behind me, at the other end of the room. I chose this combination because of the natural, organic, live character of the sound, especially on acoustic instruments.

Thanks for posting pictures of your setups everyone. It's been very entertaining browsing through this thread.

Catch you later,
Piffles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back