post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jan 23, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #1,006 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all 4 caps and ALPS pot, the total was $80 + shipping.

As for the comparison, I'll do a little review in the amp section later tomorrow between all 3 amps. You'll know which one it is by the thread title.
wink.gif

Very nice. I look forward to the review.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #1,007 of 6,467
Okay, here goes a 19 year old with no money whatsoever, and only being a 'head-fier' for a few months:
MyPics020.jpg

the 280-pros are busy being repaired, will be like a new pair of headphones once I get them back. The speakers are linn kan Mk 1's.
You can almost see the stand you get with the Hd595 in the bottom corner, im being a naughty boy and not using it
tongue.gif

Ordered a pair of shure e4c's which should hopefully come today, will replace the cx300's you can just about see on my iaudio.

MyPics021.jpg

Please ignore the panasonic freeview box. its the worst freeview box ever to be made in history. I quite like the cd player and amp though. TBH I never use the iaudio dock -> lineout to the amp, dunno why I ever set that bit up.

MyPics022.jpg

Some of my cd's. Cookies to anyone who can name them all
smily_headphones1.gif

yes, that is dust. Go away, I dont like cleaning.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #1,009 of 6,467
that exposure makes the lights look cool, nice camera skills
wink.gif
you gonna case that amp? that setup looks sick, k701s have to be some of the best looking headphones

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #1,010 of 6,467
Wow, so many nice setups have been posted just recently. Very impressive!

digitalmind, I like what you did with the room. The new audio rack just seems to tidy things up.

Fitz, loving the vintage beyers! Just out of curiosity, which are the ones in the front of the picture, and which are the one's in the back? I'm a little rusty with the older versions.

Chops, that is a sweet picture with the nice lights. Should be an interesting comparison!

Ross1, nice little setup you got starting there (especially for 19years old). Quite the CD collection you have already
eek.gif
That 0404Usb looks different with it's glossy finish.

Great setup everyone!

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #1,012 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you dont use the mouse that far on the table do you? it's bad for your wrist, and uncomfortable, for me atleast. I love my G7
cool.gif

*real nice setup there though, and that poster should look great, nice piece of art. I've always been a fan of black and yell.ow

You really like chimps?

I sometimes do use it that far on the desk, my entire forearm on the desk. Feels fine to me.

Thanks, I really like the poster aswell. Just from Ikea, but still cool nontheless.

And chimps are awesome! My avatar is also a poster I have in my room.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionel marechal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what ? Obviously the gear is great; but when I see the room and the view through the window, I miss ... room that are not squared, I miss those type of roofs. I am going back to France in one month, and I miss that.

Without any judgement at all, it is interesting how you can spot an 'american room' versus a 'european room'.

Great Listening area ... and gear !
Lionel

Thanks, I know what you mean -- I've lived in both Europe and the US. The differences are quiet big and easy to spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As well as the understated scandinavian furniture design. I really like that sensibility.

Haha, which is why I'm changing things. Though it does work perfectly, it's not the most beautiful to look at.

Quote:

looks like an apartment in the city to me? slanted roofs are nice, unless you're tall and try to navigate it in the dark!

*I really need a new office chair for my room, I've kinda worn the padding down within the last 3 years. Overstuffed leather wouldnt fit under my desk
frown.gif

Not an apartment, I still live in (more like again though) with parents. I would like an apartment though.
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #1,014 of 6,467
Quote:

that exposure makes the lights look cool, nice camera skills
wink.gif
you gonna case that amp? that setup looks sick, k701s have to be some of the best looking headphones

Thanks! That's a 13 second exposure at f/5 with an ISO of 50. I don't know if I'm gonna put the lid back on the amp or not. I like the looks of glowing tubes, and the case covers them all up.

And yes, I really like the looks of the K701's as well. Mainly because they are DIFFERENT.
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #1,015 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chops, that is a sweet picture with the nice lights. Should be an interesting comparison!

Thanks. It's just done with the ambient light in the room, and the tubes of course.
wink.gif
I'll be doing a full report on all 3 amps later this evening.

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #1,016 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that is one cool looking amp!
eek.gif

Taken with a NIKON?

Yeah, that dummie tube up front kinda grows on you after a while. I think it looks better open though, being able to see the working tubes glowing away.

With a Canon A620 point-n-shoot actually, but used in manual mode.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back