post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jan 22, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #991 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digitalmind, incredible gear you got there?! I'm very jealous!

Thanks, I am very happy to be able to have what I have. Unfortunatly, all but the K-1000 setup is going out the door, as it's just more than I can afford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice stuff you got there,Digitalmind. Have you ever had the urge to upgrade your source?

Not really, though it's beginning to tickle me. I've allways liked it and the modifications I've done only improved it. However, once my gear sells (besides the Aleph/K-1000, I'll have some money left over for a real preamp and turntable, and possibly a cd player upgrade aswell. A preamp is my main priority though, but save that, the cd player is the bottleneck in my system, I think.

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #992 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice rig, but you might be borderline OCD.
wink.gif

It comes as well with the glass desk. I have one, and some other part of the house are more cluttered, my desk is sometimes, but once in a week you kinda have to clean the glass and tidy up thing. :)
Lionel

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #993 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My_Gear.jpg

isn't there a point where the monitor is too big? like you can't see everything as well on screen because you have to physically turn your head?
tongue.gif

*loving that P180? I know I am.

**are those ups's in the bottum left?

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #994 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
setupfull.jpg

On the far left is my bed, my main rig is also my bedtime rig.

(That clock is made of a genuine 911 Turbo disk brake.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I hate quoting myself, but as a before and after.

Now:

New tv/audio rack. Of course it still needs some work, cleaning wires, etc. Emaille boards need to be hung above my desk.
newsetup1.jpg

Poster that will replace the cabinet with model cars. Should look cool and is huge.
biggrin.gif

newsetup2.jpg

Desk position now.
newsetup3.jpg

My bed will move upstairs (my room is two floors, you can see the stairs next to my desk), and a sofa will move in it's place. I had my home theatre upstairs but there's more room here so I'm switching things around. Lower floor will be lounge like, upper floor bed.

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #995 of 6,467
you dont use the mouse that far on the table do you? it's bad for your wrist, and uncomfortable, for me atleast. I love my G7
cool.gif

*real nice setup there though, and that poster should look great, nice piece of art. I've always been a fan of black and yell.ow

You really like chimps?

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #996 of 6,467
You know what ? Obviously the gear is great; but when I see the room and the view through the window, I miss ... room that are not squared, I miss those type of roofs. I am going back to France in one month, and I miss that.

Without any judgement at all, it is interesting how you can spot an 'american room' versus a 'european room'.

Great Listening area ... and gear !
Lionel
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
setupfull.jpg

On the far left is my bed, my main rig is also my bedtime rig.

(That clock is made of a genuine 911 Turbo disk brake.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 23, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #997 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lionel marechal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what ? Obviously the gear is great; but when I see the room and the view through the window, I miss ... room that are not squared, I miss those type of roofs. I am going back to France in one month, and I miss that.

Without any judgement at all, it is interesting how you can spot an 'american room' versus a 'european room'.

Great Listening area ... and gear !
Lionel

As well as the understated scandinavian furniture design. I really like that sensibility.

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #998 of 6,467
looks like an apartment in the city to me? slanted roofs are nice, unless you're tall and try to navigate it in the dark!

*I really need a new office chair for my room, I've kinda worn the padding down within the last 3 years. Overstuffed leather wouldnt fit under my desk
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #1,000 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My newly downgraded setup. The 100-ohm impedance adapter I have jury rigged for the DT931s isn't the most pleasing thing to the eye, but it works.
tongue.gif

downgraded-rig.jpg

lol, def a ghetto mod, but if it works. How do you keep it from falling off the desk?

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #1,001 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, def a ghetto mod, but if it works. How do you keep it from falling off the desk?

It's hooked up to an extension cord (because I still have the coiled cord on the phones), so when I move around it just pulls on the far end of that and not the part hooked to the alligator clips.

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #1,003 of 6,467
Here's a temporary setup just for today and tomorrow so I can run some comparison tests between my brother's LD II++, my modded 708B, and my LDM+ (not shown).

IMG_2696.jpg

And a couple pics of the modded 708B... HUGE Mundorf output caps, Hovland coupling caps, 68k-2W bleeder resistor and ALPS volume pot.

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #1,004 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a temporary setup just for today and tomorrow so I can run some comparison tests between my brother's LD II++, my modded 708B, and my LDM+ (not shown).

IMG_2696.jpg

And a couple pics of the modded 708B... HUGE Mundorf output caps, Hovland coupling caps, 68k-2W bleeder resistor and ALPS volume pot.

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Nice mod
blink.gif
How much extra did it add to the overall cost of the amp? and PLEEEEEASE keep us (or at the least me
smily_headphones1.gif
) posted about the sound differences between the headphone amps. Thanks and enjoy!

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #1,005 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice mod
blink.gif
How much extra did it add to the overall cost of the amp? and PLEEEEEASE keep us (or at the least me
smily_headphones1.gif
) posted about the sound differences between the headphone amps. Thanks and enjoy!

For all 4 caps and ALPS pot, the total was $80 + shipping.

As for the comparison, I'll do a little review in the amp section later tomorrow between all 3 amps. You'll know which one it is by the thread title.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back