post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Apr 10, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #6,016 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrzemekDraheim
This is the first time I have a Nikon camera in my hands so please excuse any imperfections. I have been fooling around with some crazy angles :).

This is my main headphone rig: Melos SHA-1 - the first version with two inputs instead of three, Original Rega Planet - with upgraded capacitors and clock, Grado RS-1 and Grado SR-60, for those I used a piece of a waterbaloon rubber to prevent rods from slipping - it gets the job done and looks cool with red and yellow collors.

I love the way it delivers music. Warm and sweet. People often say that good equipment will present all the flows of a bad recording. Well, this set makes so-so records sound very good and great records sound amazing.

Melos + Grado=Nice!!!

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #6,017 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrzemekDraheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first time I have a Nikon camera in my hands so please excuse any imperfections. I have been fooling around with some crazy angles :)

Pic #2 works for me, but the rest do not.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #6,019 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the wood theme you have going.

Thanks Hardrawkr...
L3000.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #6,020 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrzemekDraheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first time I have a Nikon camera in my hands so please excuse any imperfections. I have been fooling around with some crazy angles :).

This is my main headphone rig: Melos SHA-1 - the first version with two inputs instead of three, Original Rega Planet - with upgraded capacitors and clock, Grado RS-1 and Grado SR-60, for those I used a piece of a waterbaloon rubber to prevent rods from slipping - it gets the job done and looks cool with red and yellow collors.
]

Beautiful Love the Grados I'm a fan.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #6,021 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some sort of bust for a headphone stand. What would be most ironic? I'm thinking a grumpy Nietzsche:

nietzsche2.jpg

Which do you like more, the O2 or the O2mk2? And can I have the other one?

Oh man, I have to get me one of those. Seriously, if I can find some for a reasonable price, my room is going to be filled with Nietzche busts in a year.

Not because I'm a fan, just because his mustache is outrageously hilarious.

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #6,023 of 6,467
Is there a thread like this one for office rigs?

Home audio:
Humble begininigs.
img174cutyq2.jpg

Most of it in 1 shot:
adsc0002.jpg

A couple amps.
adsc0003.jpg

I happen to like this photo quite a bit:
adsc0027.jpg

Analog
adsc0006.jpg

(the bottlehead has since been sold and replaced with a far less impressive looking DIY piece of crap while I gather funds to build a new phono stage)

Digital
adsc0010.jpg

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #6,027 of 6,467
Nikon, out of all the beautiful equipment in your pictures, the thing that stood out at me the most was the fact that I have an identical wrist-rotation-thingy. It used to have a ripcord, but I lost that thing years ago.

But yes, the orange amp with the silver Sennheiser jack is sexy.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #6,028 of 6,467
Took some pics with my brothers new camera before he took it with him overseas.
I moved my audio rack next to the turntable rack to the left of my sitting position (used to be in front between the speakers). Soundstage is much more coherent and sense of depth more pronounced. Anyhow on with some pics:

dsc0002oy.jpg

dsc0001mnd.jpg

dsc0003de.jpg

dsc0006cn.jpg

dsc0008cr.jpg

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #6,030 of 6,467
For sure a VPI - is that an original HRX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back