POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Aug 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,446 of 2,461
Nice, man!!! Congrats. That surprises me because I've heard a lot of people complain about sub-bass distortion at high volumes with the DT770. My DT770 Premium 600 ohm definitely has it, its the only reason they aren't my favorite cans because other than that I love them and I particularly love their well extended, detailed, thumping bass. Do those cups allow more airflow than the stock cups? The sub-bass distortion in mine seems to be related to not having quite enough air flow to allow the drivers to push the air needed for really low sub-bass notes when the volume is cranked up really high.

Did you see the pictures of my deep cup Darths? You'd think with the added volume of the cups it helps. I think with the depth of the cups, the modifications he does to the drivers (which we don't know what they are), these things can really go deep. No distortion being fed by my vintage Pioneer amps.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,447 of 2,461
Quote:
Ah yes, I know Mark. He did the Lawton mods to my D7000's, installed angle pads, and made them an amazing phone that is the equal of the Fostex TH600 I've been auditioning for the past week and a half. He does good work.

And I get to demo the TH600 next! :) Greatly looking forward to it.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2,448 of 2,461
Quote:
Did you see the pictures of my deep cup Darths? You'd think with the added volume of the cups it helps. I think with the depth of the cups, the modifications he does to the drivers (which we don't know what they are), these things can really go deep. No distortion being fed by my vintage Pioneer amps.

Nice. Yeah that makes sense. Well crap I might have to look more seriously into getting some darths...

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #2,450 of 2,461
And I get to demo the TH600 next! :) Greatly looking forward to it.

Cool! I'm the one who has them right now.

Shipping UPS tomorrow! I think you'll love them.........

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,451 of 2,461
By the way, how do your Darths and those TH600's compare, particularly in the bass and sub-bass?

The TH600 is a bit more refined but the DB can certainly go lower/deeper. Mid bass probably goes to the TH600. Both are satisfying and fun. Since the best bass can you have is the DT770 thenTH600 will be a nice step up.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,453 of 2,461
Quote:
Does anyone know if headphile will mod an existing pair of DT770 LEs? Can't find contact info on the site...

I'm sure they will. info@headphile.com

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #2,454 of 2,461
Quote:
Does anyone know if headphile will mod an existing pair of DT770 LEs? Can't find contact info on the site...

I think so.  Shoot him an email.  He's quick to respond from my limited time asking him questions.  Good idea.................

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #2,455 of 2,461
Quote:
Good eye novacav!
Yes, they are Lawton LA7000 in Kalantus Cedar.
The Lawton’s are as good, maybe even a little better than the LCD2’s.
I’m constantly going back and forth between the two.

Huh! That's amazing - mine were MD5000s, but I loved them all the same haha. If you are ever looking to sell them, you know who to PM 
L3000.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #2,458 of 2,461
Quote:

In the famous words of Charlton Heston, modified a little.

I’ll give you my LA7000's when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" 

atsmile.gif

Ditto to that..................that's the one headphone of mine I think will never be sold.  It's that good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back