POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,431 of 2,461
Quote:
Hey! I just bought these sweet Terminator V4s off of Slickman. I really dig the sound so far.

My question though, what do these tend to do with burn-in? I don't think they have a whole lot of hours on them, they are just a HAIR more bass than is ideal for me. If they even out over time they will be perfect for my tastes, so I'm hoping that's a typical thing to happen.

Hey folks - would anyone want to buy these? The bass is still a little strong for me after burn-in, and I wanna recoup some of the cash I just spent on a Spring break trip to Utah, haha. As much as I like these, if they're not my dream headphone I can't justify not making some cash back.

Figured I'd ask here before posting an actual classified :D

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2,434 of 2,461
Do people stilll own/enjoy their Darths? It seems as if they've all disappeared, most DB posts are from years ago.
I for one still like mine(had them for years and they were kind of a dream come true back in the day).

That said, upgradeitis is kicking in and I'm eyeing LCD-2's. Meaning I would have to do the unthinkable and sell the Darths.. Judging by Skylab's posts they just might be the thing for me. Well, except they're huge. Truly a difficult decision if it comes to that
confused_face.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #2,435 of 2,461
RubberDuk, I still love my Deep Morado Bolivian Rosewood V3 Darths.

My Darths and my LCD-2’s are completely different from each other.
I like my Darths with bass light music and the LCD-2’s with bass heavy music.
I will never sell my Darths.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,437 of 2,461
Good eye novacav!
Yes, they are Lawton LA7000 in Kalantus Cedar.
The Lawton’s are as good, maybe even a little better than the LCD2’s.
I’m constantly going back and forth between the two.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #2,438 of 2,461
Do people stilll own/enjoy their Darths? It seems as if they've all disappeared, most DB posts are from years ago.
I for one still like mine(had them for years and they were kind of a dream come true back in the day).

That said, upgradeitis is kicking in and I'm eyeing LCD-2's. Meaning I would have to do the unthinkable and sell the Darths.. Judging by Skylab's posts they just might be the thing for me. Well, except they're huge. Truly a difficult decision if it comes to that :confused_face:

I just bought a pair of V3's with the extra deep mahogany cups. Time to revive this thread and get these talked about again.......

Mine will arrive early next week, so I'll post pics and impressions soon thereafter.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2,439 of 2,461
Quote:
I just bought a pair of V3's with the extra deep mahogany cups. Time to revive this thread and get these talked about again.......

Mine will arrive early next week, so I'll post pics and impressions soon thereafter.

And they have made their entrance into my life.................driving through a vintage amp, loudness switch engaged to a Pandora Smooth Jazz station featuring Pete Belasco, they rattled my brain with no sign of distortion.  Pure basshead bliss.  This is with VELOUR pads..............when I swap out to the leathers and then the ALPHA pads we may have a blown brain splattered. 

Seriously, these things are gorgeous, comfy as they can be, isolate and THUMP.  Why did these drop off the basshead radar? 
blink.gif
confused.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #2,441 of 2,461
So Darth Beyer owners, what pads are you running on your phones?  Mine came with the velours installed and a set of leather new in bag from Beyerdynamic.  Tried the leather today and like the sound even better than the velour.  Makes sense of course - from my experience with velours on my Q40 it kind of lowered the bass response. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,442 of 2,461
Quote:
Good eye novacav!
Yes, they are Lawton LA7000 in Kalantus Cedar.
The Lawton’s are as good, maybe even a little better than the LCD2’s.
I’m constantly going back and forth between the two.

Was the cup work done by Martin Custom Audio?  He's doing a D2000 Cocobolo cup deal for me at the moment.  Cannot wait to see them!  Have a pair of D7000's that I'm considering doing as well in the future maybe to match the D2000's.....................

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #2,443 of 2,461
Quote:
And they have made their entrance into my life.................driving through a vintage amp, loudness switch engaged to a Pandora Smooth Jazz station featuring Pete Belasco, they rattled my brain with no sign of distortion.  Pure basshead bliss.  This is with VELOUR pads..............when I swap out to the leathers and then the ALPHA pads we may have a blown brain splattered. 

Seriously, these things are gorgeous, comfy as they can be, isolate and THUMP.  Why did these drop off the basshead radar? 
blink.gif
confused.gif

Nice, man!!! Congrats. That surprises me because I've heard a lot of people complain about sub-bass distortion at high volumes with the DT770. My DT770 Premium 600 ohm definitely has it, its the only reason they aren't my favorite cans because other than that I love them and I particularly love their well extended, detailed, thumping bass. Do those cups allow more airflow than the stock cups? The sub-bass distortion in mine seems to be related to not having quite enough air flow to allow the drivers to push the air needed for really low sub-bass notes when the volume is cranked up really high.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,445 of 2,461
Oregonian, the work was done by Mark Lawton @ Lawton Audio. 

Here is the link to his page.

http://www.lawtonaudio.com/home.html

Ah yes, I know Mark. He did the Lawton mods to my D7000's, installed angle pads, and made them an amazing phone that is the equal of the Fostex TH600 I've been auditioning for the past week and a half. He does good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back